2-28-07 Vortex Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfDiver77

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I went to Vortex today. Got there at 1:30 there were only six other divers there:D. Viz was 20-25 ft Max depth was 50' temp was 68*. 1st dive lasted 33 min. Second dive max depth was 45' same viz and temp. Saw an eel at the cavern entrance I guess he thought I was going to feed him because he stayed pretty close to me. Second dive time was 36 min started getting cold in that dang 6 mil wet suit. But all in all I had a good time,just thought I would share the report.

Sounds like a nice afternoon. I was there when it was packed on Saturday. Seems like you had much better conditions than we had.

Thanks for the report, shoulda hit Morrison though, conditions seem to be nice and the site is far more interesting.

GulfDiver77:
I would've but I don't know exactly where morrison is.:wink:

Just get out on the highway from Vortex and head south. Cross I-10 and then go a couple miles, look for Morrison spring road on the left.

So morrison is on 81 south?

Naw, but there is a sign on SR81, it'll be on the right side of the road, pointing left, for you to turn on SR181. Follow 181 a couple miles till you see Morrison Springs Road on the left, follow it until it dead ends at the spring.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Naw, but there is a sign on SR81, it'll be on the right side of the road, pointing left, for you to turn on SR181. Follow 181 a couple miles till you see Morrison Springs Road on the left, follow it until it dead ends at the spring.

My bad, forgot about turning on 181. Guess that's why you give the directions for that neck of the woods.

One of these week days when there isn't so many people at the springs maybe we'll have to meet up and i'll show you Morrison. When you get off the highway it takes about the same amount of time to get to either Vortex or Morrison. Once you have been to morrison and see how easy it is to find and enjoy the entrance fee of zip, zilch, nada you may never return to Vortex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom