2 High Pressure Steel 120's South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
2 Asahi HP 3442 steel 120's DIN with yoke inserts, original hydro last year, approximately 4 years left on original hydro. Will come with a brand new VIP O2 Cleaned (if you get partial pressure blending) the day you pay and pick up. Boynton Beach area. Nitrox stickers look as new as the tanks. Pick up only.

$500 no negotiating. This is a sweet deal. PM me, first come first serve.

Nope, not sold. Still waiting for a new owner or I am going to keep them since for 3 tank dive days. I have 4 but are selling 2 of them.

I want. Too bad shipping to MN would be so much.
On a $500 tank setup? Each tank can be shipped for around $35 Fed Ex ground or UPS. That's $70 shipping. Why is that too much? THey only weigh $40 pound empty and dimensionally are not challenging. I can understand sellers would rather someone pick them up then box them and ship them but that said it simply is not that hard or that expensive. You might also check Phoenix Craigslist there is an identical setup (not so new I think two years left on hydro) with a Zeagle Ranger XL BDC thrown in with 60lbs wings for $500. He will ship too.

Per request, here are some pics.

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

Valves have the insert for yoke to din, din to yoke. They are a little over a year old. If you buy them locally, they will come with a 36% nitrox fill, VIP with O2 clean sticker placed on by a PSI certified inspector. Very little use and I am now wondering why I am even selling them as I have another set of 2 so 4 is not that bad.

As far as buoyancy characteristics, they are negatively buoyant when empty and are suppose to be slightly heavier than my Worthingtons. I use to dive heavy thermals with a drysuit and no more than 16# in fresh water. I dive these tanks in a 3.5 mil full suit in salt water with NO weight. Zero weight. The tanks are enough for me. I weigh 200#

Here are the specs on these tanks. I had to do some investigating:

Catalina Cylinders imports these tanks from Japan. They are spun steel tanks which are slightly heavier on the bottom, the wall thickness is about the same as others.

Catalina Cylinders does the initial hyrdo here in the US

They are 3442 cylinders and are being sold the past few years (about 5) after a brief hiatus.

The specs are as follows

Diameter and Height:
80 7.29" 20.8"
100 7.29" 25.2"
120 7.29" 28.9"

Weight Empty:
80 30.9 #
100 36.4 #
120 41.5 #

Buoyancy Full and Empty in pounds: (no air/empty, not 500psi)
F E
80 -11.5 -6.1
100 -12.1 -5-2
120 -12.8 -4.6

I hope that this helps anyone who is looking for this elusive information. Compare to Worthingtons if you want.

---------- Post added April 25th, 2013 at 01:18 PM ----------

OK, not that it matters but Catalina is now saying that ASAHI hydros them in Japan and they are certified there. Catalina is a first in line from the factory importer.

---------- Post added April 25th, 2013 at 01:18 PM ----------

if i could talk my wife into it i would :( it sounds like a great deal

Always the hardest sell

Always the hardest sell

Not always. :D I am trying to talk my husband into these. I just bought a set of HP 80's then had to pay extra for the O2 cleaning. We will be in WPB in 2 weeks.

Does anyone have an opinion of the safety of using these tanks with the available yoke connection rather than the DIN?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom