2 lt steel cylinder lightweight, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
For my Liberty SM I need 2 cylinders. Specification:
- 2lt
- 200/232 bar
- Steel
- Diameter 100mm
- As ligth as possible, in any case less then 3 kg, best is 2.6/2.7 kg
- Thread does not matter

I found Rebreather Tanks - divesoft.com but out of stock.
I found 2L/ 200 bar cylinder but 115mm
I found nothing else. Where the hell do I get such cylinders? Thank you very much for help.

In the US, Faber FX15 2L bottles are supplied as stock.

First link is out of stock, rest seems to be available. But weight is 6.6 lbs=3.0 kg, that's the very upper limit. I prefere a lighter one. Thanks anyway and please give more advice.

With the p[lace you looked, there's 2 types of 2 litre cylinders:

They have a lighter (2.6kg) 200b/115mm dia cylinder, or a slightly heavier 230b/100mm dia cylinder (3kg). I didn't think you can get 100mm lightweight cylinders is the thing.

They ship from Czechia, I've used them to ship to the UK without any hassle if you want a previous review.
Rich

115mm does not match, I need 100mm. In Czechia they do produce 2 lt 100mm 2.7 kg but they are out of stock at the moment. Perhaps someone still has these cylinders on stock?

Given you are in Europe and can't find them in Switzerland, my recommendation is to call Aquasub in Basecles Belgium. +32 475 92 97 68 The owner's name is Michel D'Agostino. He may have some on hand and if not can source them for you. He speaks French, Italian, English, and most likely German as well.

-Z

Thank you, I asked Aquasub, they don't have this type of cylinder.
2 other resources:

1. Dive Factory (they have a shop near Waterloo and one east of Bruxelles). One of the owners is David and he speaks French, Dutch/Flemmish, and English. They cater to both the recreation and the tech diving communities and might be able to help you.

Tel Wezembeek :+32 2 353 08 98 Tel Braine :+32 2 354 43 47
E-mail :info@divefactory.be

2. There is dive club in Belgium called Xtrem divers that is tech oriented and some of the members routinely dive rebreathers. I would give them a call and ask where you can find the type of cylinders you are looking for, someone within the club should know:

info@xtremdivers.be
+32 475 35 47 45 (Patrick Lévêque)

-Z

For my Liberty SM I need 2 cylinders. Specification:
- 2lt
- 200/232 bar
- Steel
- Diameter 100mm
- As ligth as possible, in any case less then 3 kg, best is 2.6/2.7 kg
- Thread does not matter

I found Rebreather Tanks - divesoft.com but out of stock.
I found 2L/ 200 bar cylinder but 115mm
I found nothing else. Where the hell do I get such cylinders? Thank you very much for help.
AP Diving. They have an EU outlet too

2 other resources:

1. Dive Factory (they have a shop near Waterloo and one east of Bruxelles). One of the owners is David and he speaks French, Dutch/Flemmish, and English. They cater to both the recreation and the tech diving communities and might be able to help you.

Tel Wezembeek :+32 2 353 08 98 Tel Braine :+32 2 354 43 47
E-mail :info@divefactory.be

2. There is dive club in Belgium called Xtrem divers that is tech oriented and some of the members routinely dive rebreathers. I would give them a call and ask where you can find the type of cylinders you are looking for, someone within the club should know:

info@xtremdivers.be
+32 475 35 47 45 (Patrick Lévêque)

-Z
Thank you, I will get into contact.

Back
Top Bottom