2 lt steel cylinder lightweight, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Faber used to have a list of cylinders but seems they have taken it down:

Lightest steel M25 100mm 2L 232bar was shown as 2.6kg....but I could not find anybody who has it in stock. Tried to contact Faber multiple times but they do not answer phones and email takes week(s). No good explanation received but basically they say its not there.
Maybe 200 bar version could be found somewhere?

I went with the only one that I could find, same specs but stamped weight is 3.01kg - AP Diving has it, they can either ship from UK or NL, depending what works for you:

Its not listed in the table above, as only snapshot I could find was from 2020 but it has BS/PED marks and its approved for EU.

If you want lightest valves look at Nautec.

Reactions: Zef
Thank you. Yes Faber never ever answers any questions. It's a shame.

3.01 kg is to heavy, it must be less then 3 kg, best is 2.6/2.7.

I use Nautec valves only. Not only because of the weight but also function. They are very expensive but the best valves I know. 2nd best is AP valves. The rest (Scubatec, Halcyon, DiveRite and so on) are far away from this quality.

What is the intention here? Shaving 600g on an already very heavy sidemount unit?

Thank you. Yes Faber never ever answers any questions. It's a shame.

I use Nautec valves only. Not only because of the weight but also function. They are very expensive but the best valves I know. 2nd best is AP valves. The rest (Scubatec, Halcyon, DiveRite and so on) are far away from this quality.

Yeah...whenever one calls it seems to be always lunchtime in Italy :wink:
The only response I have gotten via email was "the cylinders of your interest are not available" ...not particularly explanatory.

Anyways good luck and do post what you find. I would be very interested in replacing the current one with something lighter as well.

What is the intention here? Shaving 600g on an already very heavy sidemount unit?
My Liberty SM unit needs ligth cylinders. If they are heavier than 2.7/3.0 kg the unit does not float anymore on surface, even with full counterloungs. That's an important point. No floating=submerge=lost.

The original 2 lt 200 bar cylinders have 2.7 kg but they are not available.

Would carbon fibre cylinders work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom