2 new dive resorts in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Was reading a travel magazine article about new places in Carribean, it mentioned 2 new dive resorts in Curacao. Anybody know anything about these?

Lodge Kura Hulanda & Beach Club "complete renovation of a former resort on 350 acres fronted by cliffs and beaches on the islands western tip with new pool, dive shop, and restaurant. 44 oceanfront accomodations and 36 more opening soon" Site says the shop is Ocean Encounters West and the shore dive is Alice in Wonderland. Apparently related to Hotel Kura Hulanda downtown. I read someplace online that it opened in August.
Marazul Dive Resort "in Westpunt opened in January with pool and affiliated dive shop. 14 rooms and 2 bungalows with full kitchens opened in January 4 more of each opening in December" (unfortunately pretty info free website)

Ocean Encounters West is a newly formed venture between Ocean Encounters and Allwest Diving in Westpunt. Allwest has built a new dive shop on the beach at Playa Kalki and the hotel Kura Hulanda has renovated a failed time share complex that sits up on the cliff above Playa Kalki beach. I understand from their website that they did a nice job and the prices reflex that. Check out the Allwest dive center web site for more dive related details and I do believe that there is a web site for Lodge Kura Hulanda also. The Marazul Dive Resort also has a web site. It is located just a little further down the road from the Allwest Apts in Westpunt. I would suspect that most guests will use Allwest Diving for tanks and such since it is so close. There is also another dive shop located at Playa Lagoon but I forget their name. The Marazul Dive Resort appears very nice, they have a pool and their prices are not as high as Lodge Kura Hulanda. For me, I will always stay at Allwest, can't beat $60 per night, $40 a day dive truck rental and great dive rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom