2 Questions about PADI cards and certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ha, when in Dahab it was widely advertised that the recreational maximum depth was 30m but other divers and the dive shop i was with.

here it is in black and white stating otherwise.

http://www.cdws.travel/documents/rules-regulations/CDWS policy - depths V6 9 May 09.pdf

Typical. I used to live in Dahab. When the CDWS exam came in a few years ago all of us got the question about max depth wrong i.e, we all assumed it was 30m. Who did you dive with that told you that?
It's the similar thing with Junior OW's, ask an instructor and he will most likely tell you that Jnrs can only dive to 12m/40', which is wrong, only 11 &12 yr old divers are limited to that depth.
Instructors, we can dive, but our reading isn't that hot :wink:

/hijack

Yeah - the 30m thing does becomes a bit of a mantra hence my earlier error.

Some dive centres stick to the recommended limits - in the PADI case - 18m for OW, 30 for Deep Adventure/AOW, 40 for deep spec, etc. etc. - I am not completely averse to this but it is sucky for somebody who has 2000 dives over 20 years but only ever completed their OW course to be told they can't go to xyz dive site unless they do AOW...!

C.

Back
Top Bottom