2 Questions, Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....I'm just checking out my own Ranger and I see no reason why a BP couldn't easily be added to it......you could mount it underneath the soft back-pad...and use an STA to hold the plate to the BC.......although I haven't done that particular 'mod' to my Ranger...I HAVE done that exact same 'mod' to my other 3 BC 'systems' (Deepoutdoors harness/DSS Kydex plate/Oxycheq Vertex Extreme wing/Halcyon weight system).

I did actually try a couple of methods for backplate mountings. Took the webbing on the soft backpack and threaded it through the slots on top of the backplate and then monted the shoulder section as normal. I also took two of the plastic screws that hold the cummerbund and fastened the backplate's lower part to the inner grommets of the cummerbund using the holes on the edges on the plate(I have the waist belt it in the middle setting). I have a Zeagle backplate, I don't know if it has more holes than others, but anyway it seemed secure enough to dive. Maybe ScottZeagle has any comments to this setup (if he can visualize how I set it up :wink: , kinda hard to explain.)

I did actually try a couple of methods for backplate mountings. Took the webbing on the soft backpack and threaded it through the slots on top of the backplate and then monted the shoulder section as normal. I also took two of the plastic screws that hold the cummerbund and fastened the backplate's lower part to the inner grommets of the cummerbund using the holes on the edges on the plate(I have the waist belt it in the middle setting). I have a Zeagle backplate, I don't know if it has more holes than others, but anyway it seemed secure enough to dive. Maybe ScottZeagle has any comments to this setup (if he can visualize how I set it up :wink: , kinda hard to explain.)

Yes, the way you describe it will work just fine!!!

I should have stated clearer in the earlier post that I personally do not find it as comfortable as the Ranger BC without a BP added - of course other people may find it just fine and dandy!!! I love the fact that scuba divers will find a way to do almost anything they want with a piece of gear, and aren't afraid to make modifications in order to do it....it's just....well....cool. :D

Keep up the good work, Mr. Scuba Gear Reconfiguration Guy!!! (That should be a Bud Light commerical...Real Men of Genius!!)

Yes, the way you describe it will work just fine!!!

I should have stated clearer in the earlier post that I personally do not find it as comfortable as the Ranger BC without a BP added - of course other people may find it just fine and dandy!!! I love the fact that scuba divers will find a way to do almost anything they want with a piece of gear, and aren't afraid to make modifications in order to do it....it's just....well....cool. :D

Keep up the good work, Mr. Scuba Gear Reconfiguration Guy!!! (That should be a Bud Light commerical...Real Men of Genius!!)

Thanks ScottZeagle, the ranger is indeed a versatile bc, and I see no reasons to swap it for anything else. I really enjoy diving it! I like the fact that it adapts to so many different diving configurations and needs. :support:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom