2 UK SL4 eLED lights, black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robzr

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Never been in water, the LED modules have been used for less than 1 hour each, asking $50 each. They are black with wrist straps.

Hello, I don't have any pics but I'll try to get some online. I bought them to swap the LED modules out with my Rat lights to upgrade to the newer style LEDs; I have no use for the SL4 eLED flashlights. The newer ones appear to have a bluer color temperature and are a little brighter but it doesn't look like a dramatic difference to me.

Rob

Hey Rob, thanks for responding.

So, the SL4 housings are original, but you replace or swapped out the LED bulbs?

yessir; UK just updated their LED modules; these two were purchased with the newer style modules and I put in the older style modules that I had from my Rat lights (which use UK SL4 eLED modules). The SL4 housings are brand new, and the eLED modules that are in them now have less than one hour of use on them; just a few minutes here and there of testing.

I was hoping the difference with the two would be dramatic (67 lumens vs 116 I think? on paper) but in reality the difference was pretty slight. The newer ones are bluer in temperature but when I shine the beams together, the difference in brightness didn't seem very dramatic (hard to quantify; but nowhere near twice the brightness). This was in a dark room and outside, not underwater.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom