2 weeks diving in Honduras and/or Belize = too many choices w/too little time-Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 on this thread. Headed the same way just after the full moon, so hopefully a whaley will show up!

parrotman - what sites would you recommend out of Utila? i got the gist that the north end of the island is for the whalesharks, but what other sites would you recommend? looking for more life than macro... like the op.

+1 on this thread. Headed the same way just after the full moon, so hopefully a whaley will show up!

parrotman - what sites would you recommend out of Utila? i got the gist that the north end of the island is for the whalesharks, but what other sites would you recommend? looking for more life than macro... like the op.

I always stay at Deep Blue Utila. Great resort and dive op. They will take you out to the north side and spend some time looking for whale sharks in between dives. I like Black Hills, the pinnacles, all of the sites out on Turtle harbor. There really are not any bad dives on the north side. There are some very good dives on the south side as well but most of the dives that are close to the main harbour are going to have a lot of sandy bottom, the vis is not always that good. You will be doing those dives at least for the afternoon dive just because they are close to the harbor.

On most of my trips to Utila during the time of year when it is likely to see the Whales Sharks, they will be out on th boat still cruising around looking for them when all of the other dive boats are heading in to port because they have their next load of students to pick up.

Laguna Beach is also one that will stay out a bit longer I think.

Black Hills is where I saw a Marlin. The silly thing swam right up to me and then turned around and took off. Got in the water with a pod of Dolphins and played with the for about 20 minutes off of Jacks Bight on one trip.

There is another sea mound that I don't think that most dive ops even go to. The last time I dove it, there was no mooring. Don't know the name of it the dive was awsome. It is actually off of the south side of the island.

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom