2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has got to suck.....

Thieves hit Auburn visitors' locker room

AUBURN (AP) — Some University of Tennessee-Martin football players lost more than Saturday's game against Auburn at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Auburn police reports show someone stole nearly $2,000 worth of electronics and cash from the visitors’ locker room.

Police reports say someone gained access to the locker room. AU Athletics Media Relations Director Kirk Sampson says there was no forced entry.

The room is locked during games and a key is given to the visiting team. Auburn officials say there was security on the locker room doors.

Auburn Police Capt. Tom Stofer said this is the first time something like that has ever happened in his 17 years of working home football games.

I mentioned all this to a UT fan a few weeks ago and he acted like UT fans were so completely loyal and I was nuts.
Some fans ARE fair weather, but that goes for all the teams. Alabama flags didn't come out until this year around here and the same for the Georgia fans. In a sucky season like this year, we still put over 80,000 in the stadium every game.

he was in denial.
He wasn't a true fan. I love my VOLS and wear my orange with pride, but that doesn't mean I can't think our team sucks this year. I've defended Fulmer for years, as people have been wanting him gone for a while. After this year, I'm kinda on the fence for him. Something drastic has happened in Knoxville, and Phil just doesn't seem to know what to do. I felt sorry for him at the announcement and wish him the best of luck. If he needs help spending that $6 million he's leaving with, I VOLUNTEER to help spend it.:D

Some fans ARE fair weather, but that goes for all the teams. Alabama flags didn't come out until this year around here and the same for the Georgia fans. In a sucky season like this year, we still put over 80,000 in the stadium every game.

He wasn't a true fan. I love my VOLS and wear my orange with pride, but that doesn't mean I can't think our team sucks this year. I've defended Fulmer for years, as people have been wanting him gone for a while. After this year, I'm kinda on the fence for him. Something drastic has happened in Knoxville, and Phil just doesn't seem to know what to do. I felt sorry for him at the announcement and wish him the best of luck. If he needs help spending that $6 million he's leaving with, I VOLUNTEER to help spend it.:D

I was mostly referring to two years ago when they all wanted to fire him too and how jumpy they are to do it. I know all teams have their fair weather fans...shoot I'm a fw florida basketball fan...more so that I am not interested unless we get the final four lol.

I am with you, I support my football team regardless. There is nothing wrong with thinking your team is having a bad year. All I was pointing out was that although Fulmer has probably the best track record the chants of "off with his head" come fast and strong over anything.

It is a sad end to a really good era for UT.

Not to go off topic, but I remember three years ago when Chelsea Football Club (English soccer) won their first championship in 50 years. The stadium was packed out as they received the trophy and a small group of fans were singing loudly but clearly:

"So where the $#$%% were all of you whilst we were %^@#$ ??"

Touche.

They've been saying "Fire Phil" for years.

what really hurt him was loosing CutCliff (sp?) as his offensive coordinator this year.

what really hurt him was loosing CutCliff (sp?) as his offensive coordinator this year.

Another one of those unexplainable incidents of a school, Ole Miss firing a coach, Cutcliff, who was bringing up the program but apparently not high or fast enough, only to hire Orgeron, mainly because he was the Southern Cal DC. The program hit bottom and he was fired and Nutt took over and has to start all over again from the bottom.

I was mostly referring to two years ago when they all wanted to fire him too and how jumpy they are to do it......
I am with you, I support my football team regardless. There is nothing wrong with thinking your team is having a bad year. All I was pointing out was that although Fulmer has probably the best track record the chants of "off with his head" come fast and strong over anything......
It is a sad end to a really good era for UT.
I hear Ya. It's been a pretty good run and one of my biggest defenses for Phil has been, "Who are we gonna get with a better record and bleeds ORANGE?"
Not to go off topic, but I remember three years ago when Chelsea Football Club (English soccer) won their first championship in 50 years. The stadium was packed out as they received the trophy and a small group of fans were singing loudly but clearly:
"So where the $#$%% were all of you whilst we were %^@#$ ??"

Touche.
:rofl3: :rofl3:

Definitely. When Randy Sanders left after one of our worst seasons, David Cutcliffe comes in, uses the same players and we end up in the SEC Championship. Lose Cutcliffe and Trooper Taylor and our season goes south worse than with Randy Sanders' last year. Pretty much the same team, and I find it hard to believe it is ALL because of the QB. Word around here is Cutcliffe would never have put Crompton in the game. He and Dave Clawson were both very strong on B.J. Coleman, but Fulmer adamantly was for "his more seasoned/senior". One of his biggest faults is his loyalty to the seniors at the cost of the team. One name that says it all, Kelly Washington! That was the start. Ah shucks, I'm off my soapbox. I just needed to vent a little cuz it hurts to see a great program/tradition take such a kick to the nads.:depressed:

I was at the LSU Troy State game last night. For the first three quarters LSU was asleep at the wheel. With one minute and some odd seconds left to go in the third quarter it was Troy State 31, LSU 3. I was cold and disgusted and just about ready leave when LSU finally scored a touchdown so I decided to hang around a little longer. The come back was the largest in LSU history. They scored 37 points in 16 minutes to win 40 to 31.

That game probably sums up LSU this season for me. Hard to work out whether they are a magnificent team or a bunch of slackers.

Back
Top Bottom