2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just started lap swimming after a long hiatus. After just three workouts, I've seen a definite improvement in the number of laps I can do nonstop before getting tired... one, then two, now 6... should just keep getting better. My goal is to keep going to the pool twice a week for the foreseeable future, it'll sure help with the DM candidate swim test! :D

Good morning FECs! (Fitness Exercise Challengers) LOL. Maybe we can change the name to get a good acronym like PECs Physical Exercise Challengers!
Got on the bike this morning for a quickie ride. Need to start lifting some weights and doing more crunches and stuff.
Hopefully the orthodic for the foot will be in soon and I can run more.

Back from my trip so need to get back at it. Scale says I don't weigh any more than pre-trip so that is good. Temp is -44F so definitely something indoors, eh? Maybe I'll get enough gumption to go to the gym for weights and Spin??

I've had a few too many rest days in the past week, none consecutive, but still, I wanted to blast things into high gear.

I did an easy 15 minute warmup on the elliptical first, and then some stretching.

Then to get things kicking, I opted for a Tabata Interval. I did this with Sprint Intervals on an elliptical machine... 20 seconds as fast as I could crank, and then 10 secs rest. Repeat this cycle 8 times. Total time for the death-defying event is 4 minutes.

By the end of the 6th interval, my legs felt like lead. My 7th interval was a bit of a cop-out... I probably only gave 60-70% cause I was so winded. On the 8th, I said the hell with it and threw caution to the wind, giving 100% of what was left. No question... this is a highly anaerobic event!

By end of the 2nd interval, my heart rate was hitting 160-170, and barely dropping during the rest periods.

I think this Sprint Interval is much better suited outside on a bike. That way, you could coast on your 10 second rest interval. With the elliptical, you spend part of the interval decelerating, and putting out effort to do so.

To keep accurate track of time, I'd downloaded a MP3 that someone had created that calls out the start and finish of the 20 & 10 second milestones.

That sounds like quite the work out.. where did you download the .mp3?

Another workout done.

5 minute warm-up on the rowing machine (for ~1000 meters again).
Two sets of low rows on machine
Free weights: Two sets of curls and two sets of lat pulldowns
Then a 2.25 mile run
Stretching at the end (of course)

ive been flat out so havent updated what ive been up to but this morning i started with 6am training session and its hot and humid down here right now!

Back
Top Bottom