2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, starting this week I have added some cycling in every Tuesday and Thursday. If/when I find a pool with a decent membership fee I may replace with swimming.

Morning
Cycling 30 min

Afternoon
5 min rowing for warmup (1100m)
2 sets of pull-ups
2 sets of low rows
2 sets of lat pulldowns
2 mile run

Man, I am beat right now.

The alternating swimming and weights coupled with smaller portions has me dropping 1lb a week...and feeling great!

I know I am burning fat since I am dropping waist sizes. However, since I am lifting I am gaining weight overall since muscle weighs more than fat. Kind of weird.

I know I am burning fat since I am dropping waist sizes. However, since I am lifting I am gaining weight overall since muscle weighs more than fat. Kind of weird.

Hand-held electro-impedance for body fat monitoring is your friend.... not a panacea... but better than scales. :)

I've seen them for $28 to $55.

30 minutes on the elliptical
3o minutes with trainer doing a back workout- made the mistake of telling him it was easy and he said he would step it up next time. I do each body part, legs, arms, back, chest and shoulders, abs ( core), one part each day for 5 days and then off two. I usually follow that up with 30 minutes to 1 hour of cardio.

My workout seems more boring than it is when I type it out. :)

5 min rowing
2 sets of incline bench press
2 sets of pull-ups
2 sets of dips
2 mile run

Last night...
Beautiful evening. Sun setting behind dramatic God insired clouds, evening temp at 69Ž°. Sweet. Managed to run-through-the-pain. Takes me a while to warm up, but the further I go the better. My foot was really bothering me and then the leg/shin. Ug. If that wasn't enough, when I finally got warmed up after a mile and was doing some untimed run/walks combos, I twisted my ankle on a rock. Stupid rock. Who puts those things out on the street anyways?? :sarcasm: I hobbled a bit and decided to run it off to see if it would get better and by the end of the run, the ankle felt fine.

This morning I woke up to very little tightness or pain! Whoohoo! So I went for a quickie bike ride. And tonight I had ice cream...mmmm Chocolate Trinity. The name says it all!

Morning
30 minutes on recumbent bike

Afternoon
5 minutes rowing
2 sets of pull-ups
2 sets of low rows
2 sets of lat pulldowns
2 mile run

In a masochistic sort of way I think I'm going to really like this!!!!

Did Penny hear that? :whip:

Been getting in 30-60 daily on the elliptical.... rough week at work..., distraction necessary... Back on the plan, and its kicking in gear...

Attachments

• 0213.png
    0213.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 38
Jogged/walked this mornin'. Beautiful out. But I have finally realized, while Charlie is always ready to go, he is not a good running partner. He isn't encouraging me enough. Hope to start running after work soon with my coworkers. Get my orthodic tomorrow, so I hope that helps as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom