2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this the 2009 Exercise thread, or was it just the Jan/Feb Exercise thread?

Where'd everyone go? :)

Come on folks! Post your activity!!

Heh, sorry work interfered with posting and they do pay me.

Yesterday
Warm-up - 5 minutes rowing
2 sets of pull-ups
2 sets of dips
2 sets of lat pulldowns
2 mile run

Did a weight workout on Tuesday, hoping to get back into the pool tomorrow!

Today Penny and I warmed up at the gym with 250m row, HBE, situp, pullups, squats, and pushups.

Skills:
Shoulder Press
Push Press
Push Jerk

I had to work more diligently on getting a good second dip (1/4 squat) on my Push Jerk.

WOD (scaled from yesterday's mainsite workout):
12 Hip-Back extensions (focus on form, not speed)
400m run
9 HBE
400m
6 HBE
400m
3 HBE
400m

Bob's Time: 13:10
Penny's Time: 13:36

I've completed 2 months of a slow work-up into non-cycling, non-aerobic activities, and feel I'm ready to turn up the intensity.

Bring it on!!

Hi to everybody.
So I am back from 4 weeks in Dominican Republic. It was awesome, great diving with my buddy Vlad (DRsharky on this board) who lives there. Put his boat into good use, but best diving was in the caves around Bayahibe, where he lives. Did some good running there too. Usually early morning, before it got too hot. Did some other excellent activities:drunks:, completely inappropriate for SB fitness challenge thread:).
Now back to the cold PNW diving :cold:and hopefully to more regular updates at SB fitness challenge.

Ya'll are doing pretty good! WB, you are kicking our butts with your workouts! WTG!!! keep the inspiration coming.

I went to the Dr. on Wed and got some medication for the breathing. I am the first to want to try something else, but was ready to try drugs.
I did my walk/jog on Friday morning, having taken my first dose the day before. WOW!!!! What a difference. I knew I was having trouble breathing, but the change was incredible! I am more inspired to push on now!

Ya'll are doing pretty good! WB, you are kicking our butts with your workouts! WTG!!!

Thanks! ... but I'm barely keeping ahead of Penny. You oughta hear the trash talking I have to endure when she beats me at something.... it's pure hell... so I have to "go hard, or go home"! :D

Last edited:
Been keeping on keeping on until last week. Drove to the big city for a few days of play. That is where the big flop happened.

We arrived hungry and tired. As we drove by this buffet place we said: Lets Eat!

In we went to the Glutton Corral. Except for 2 GIs just back from the desert everyone in the place was twice our size! That should have been a clue. The place must put something in the food because we just couldn't stop gorging.

Now I know why they call it a Corral. You need the fence to keep people from just rolling out on the street. The management just keeps bringing stack upon stack of plates to the customers. Most apparently take that as a challenge to see if they can fill all the plates and eat all they take.

Oh yes, the GIs. They were, aptly, in Hog Heaven. They were both limping so I expect they are still in rehab and relishing FOOD. They were eating steak and meatloaf; nothing else. As one rolled his eyes in sheer ecstacsy he said: "Where else can you get steak and meatloaf at the same time?"

We have been back a few days and back into our normal exercise and food routine. We are starting to feel better. We have learned not to ever, not ever, no way, go into such a place ever again!

Keeping on keeping on, trying for 2 x 30 min sessions on the elliptical daily......
For some reason my feet start to go a little numb if I go at it more than 30 mins at a go... So I try to do 30 in the mid morning, and another 30 in the evening. Otherwise both sessions at night with at least a 45 min break between... Might be time for a new pair of workout shoes as well...

Anticipating hitting 241 tomorrow morning.

-Tim

Attachments

• stats.png
    stats.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 35
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom