2010 Continental Fares!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Don't know about other cities, but Continental from Austin to Coz in March 2010 is running some days as cheap as $289 RT (incl.taxes!) It breaks down to $91.50 each way before taxes ... can't see it getting any cheaper than that!! :D So we just booked a 9 day trip .... 3/7 - 3/16!! :D

I'm wondering if there's a price war going on with the competition (hope so!). I got a decent price on Continental for next month - $250 plus taxes from the east coast and I jumped on it rather than turn in miles. If this is going to keep up I'm going to book some more. It's unusual that they book so far out, too. Even Southwest doesn't book that far. Something's up and whatever it is it's real good for the consumer.

I hope it keeps up too .... don't mind locking in my vacations 11 months in advance - as long as the fares stay this good!

American has r/t from San Francisco to Cozumel for $341 this summer. Unbelievable deal. I might just have to go twice this year

I have you all beat :) I have a ticket for $218 (includes taxes) from CZM to IAH that I booked a few weeks ago and will be using in the next few weeks for a quick getaway :) Normally originating flights from here are usually higher - but this was a deal I couldn't pass up :)

I also saw fares for $248 from here to Newark and $264 from here to LAX - but decided I need to see my family this trip!

While I, as a consumer, do love the prices the reality is that this is exactly why the airlines are in the trouble they are in.

I am a small aircraft owner, and I can say that I cannot fly from Atlanta to Miami and back for that price, let alone Cozumel.

The airlines are NOT charging what it actually costs to fly these aircraft, or are just barely doing so. Sorry but airfare was never intended to be so cheap that airliners turned into "buses with wings".

Glad you got the lock-in though as I truly believe that fuel prices are going to go way up next year.

$273 (with taxes) from Kansas City/Coz on Delta-

I would not have gone if air was the usual $400-500. I can't even fly into Cancun for this price. So these cheap air fares may be bad for the airlines but it is good for Cozumel!

Jean
June 4-8 Blue Angel

Personally upset since our direct flights from Miami (AA Eagle) have been cancelled. SO no direct flights out of MIA. :-(
I am glad it worked out for the majority of everyone on the west coast as well as Atlanta. I had to cancel my annual Coz trip and work out a cruise instead. No complaints.

Back
Top Bottom