2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all. I have been remiss and on a slightly unplanned vacation :)

Sunday 3/28: 23 mile, large and rolling hills cycle around beautiful and affluet Tiburon, CA. It was a definitely challenge but felt great!
Monday 3/29: swimming laps. Woke up late and could only get 1/2 mile in.
Tuesday 3/30: cycling class.
Wednesday: rest.
Thursday 4/1: South Florida Diving. Ancient Mariner and a drift. Both approx 35 minutes.
Friday 4/2: South Florida Diving. Aqua Zoo/Sea Emperor and a reef. Both about 45-50 minutes.

Scuba Jenny: I was going to contact you about running a 5k (run like a bunny in pompano beach), but got my dates mixed! Alas! Anyhow, I am here until Tuesday if you want to run! ... Well, jog at a slowish pace! :)

Nope.... staying local right now... gotta stay where we both have jobs.... although I had a recruiter call me about a job in FL.

Temptations after a long winter ;-)!

Scuba Jenny: I was going to contact you about running a 5k (run like a bunny in pompano beach), but got my dates mixed! Alas! Anyhow, I am here until Tuesday if you want to run! ... Well, jog at a slowish pace! :)

Sarita, I'm impressed you must be dedicated to your new fitness persuit. Clear, warm tropical water & your swimming laps and not diving? Enjoy the sunshine state, it's overcast and drizzly here.

Fri: 30 minutes cardio on eliptical.

Ah Kathy - I saw in Novato before coming to FL. We arrived Wed AM. :) I have spent two days diving and will probably try for one more. :)

Temptations after a long winter ;-)!
Nah.... Winter was great this year!! LOL

Workout
GHD Situps x 10
GHD Back Extensions x 10

25# KB Windmills 3/side
25# KB 2-hand swings x 10
25# KB Hand to Hand (toss) swings x 10

Overhead Squats (PVC) x 10

Hang Power Snatch
35# x 5
55# x 5
65# x 3
75# x 1
85# x 1
105# x 1

25# KB Windmills 3/side

Spending the last couple of months focused on Kettlebells has really "made" my shoulder stronger, maybe even better "balanced". Considering I haven't done Snatches during that time, I was surprised how easily it started coming back. Not wanting to push it, I stopped short of my previous PR of 125#. Felt good to be moving the barbell overhead and my shoulder felt really awesome.

Ah Kathy - I saw in Novato before coming to FL. We arrived Wed AM. :) I have spent two days diving and will probably try for one more. :)

I was beginning to wonder if we will ever see you at BW again. Good to hear you didn't entirely forget about scuba!

Diving today. 1-3ft vis, 6ft surge. Not sure why but we stayed in 70 minutes - Sarita look at all the fun you are missing ;-)!

Awwwh drat! I'd love to meet up with you, but between now and Tuesday, I am pretty full. Drat! Drat! Drat! If I'd known you were coming in town, would have done the Run like a bunny 5K with ya...drat!

Well, so far I feel like 40, run like 60, and look like 90, so as long as I don't wake up in a satin lined box, I figure I'm winning:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom