2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Penny and I told ourselves that if we ever move to Northern Florida, we'd cave dive in wetsuits and LP85's. If the whole team does it, you're good to go!! :D

HP 100's & LP 85's are the tank's of choice around here so makes sense to eventurally have both :). My teammate has HP130's but he's a good foot taller & close to 2x my mass, so by the end of the dive we pretty much have the same amount of gas in reserve :).

I have a set ready for your next S Florida visit. :thumb: Best cylinders around...

Thanks!! Sounds great :)!! Maybe Thanksgiving!

Hit the gym last night for a bit of iron pumping.

10 minute eliptical warm up for the legs
leg press
dumbell lunges
straight leg dead lifts
leg extentions
hamstring curls
4 sets each, 8-15 reps
90-100% of max

And a few casual sets on calves

This wasn't my best week. Last Saturday I went up to work on the Annapolis. We ended up spending the day removing stuff from the boiler room and hoisting it up through hatchways to a deck where it could be taken off the ship. I'm talking motors, valves, and massive pipes ... some of this stuff was too heavy for two people to drag and three people to hoist ... and we did that for a solid six hours. I think some of the checks my body wrote that day ended up bouncing. I suspect the four of us ended up moving several tons of equipment out of that room (and barely made a dent in what needs to come out).

Sunday I was sluggish, but functional. In fact, I went diving. Monday I had a session with my trainer, and I was appalled at how little energy I had ... but I got through the session OK. Spent the rest of the day shuffling around like an old man. Tuesday I could barely force myself to get out of bed, and way too stiff and sore to even consider working out. Wednesday was back to the gym for a full hour-long workout. Felt pretty good till around noon ... then the energy just seemed to drain out of me. Today I skipped my workout. Plan to hit it again tomorrow and get back on my normal routine by the week-end.

Gonna be heading back up for another go at that boiler room a week from Saturday ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This wasn't my best week. Last Saturday I went up to work on the Annapolis. We ended up spending the day removing stuff from the boiler room and hoisting it up through hatchways to a deck where it could be taken off the ship. I'm talking motors, valves, and massive pipes ... some of this stuff was too heavy for two people to drag and three people to hoist ... and we did that for a solid six hours. I think some of the checks my body wrote that day ended up bouncing. I suspect the four of us ended up moving several tons of equipment out of that room (and barely made a dent in what needs to come out).

Sunday I was sluggish, but functional. In fact, I went diving. Monday I had a session with my trainer, and I was appalled at how little energy I had ... but I got through the session OK. Spent the rest of the day shuffling around like an old man. Tuesday I could barely force myself to get out of bed, and way too stiff and sore to even consider working out. Wednesday was back to the gym for a full hour-long workout. Felt pretty good till around noon ... then the energy just seemed to drain out of me. Today I skipped my workout. Plan to hit it again tomorrow and get back on my normal routine by the week-end.

Gonna be heading back up for another go at that boiler room a week from Saturday ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

As we get older, one or two days off is good medicine. The stuff you were doing to clean out the ship sounds pretty grueling! Stay safe and have fun!

We got our condo listed on the market tonight, which required one last mad dash to finish off all the "small stuff". I had no idea we had so much "small stuff" though... LOL.... anyway, we're ready to hit the bike trails again tomorrow and ramp up regular workouts together again.

Almost 3 hours in the rock climbing gym today, cranked plenty of 5.11 a's & b's but was spanked on the 5.11c with slippery holds.

Have met up with some local climbing legends, with whom I am enjoying partnering. Isn't it true that everything is better with trusted buddies :).

We got our condo listed on the market tonight, which required one last mad dash to finish off all the "small stuff". I had no idea we had so much "small stuff" though... LOL.... anyway, we're ready to hit the bike trails again tomorrow and ramp up regular workouts together again.

Are you moving to Fla?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The boiler room work sounds like plenty of a workout. You deserve to take it easy :).

Boiler room Bob, there's nothing wrong with taking a day off, especially when the ole body needs it!

I ran the 5K last night. I did OK in hindsight, though when I crossed the line I was really disappointed in the time. My first two miles were at 12 and 25 min, so I figured I should be able to cross at about 38, boy was I disappointed to see the timer at 40! Crossed at 40:41. Serious bummer. And I felt good through the whole race.
I took my watch I've been wearing for my workouts to verify distance and pace. I am doing about 2000 step per mile, and my distance on the watch was pretty close (dangit, can't pull that stuff up from last night off the watch..grrh) so I am confident that what I am running at the park is pretty close too then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom