2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good morning friends! Tuesday 5/11 AM - Cycling class. Lots and lots of out of the saddle work so my buns are killing me. 55 minutes + 5 minutes cool down, approximately 470 calories.

Nice. I have yoga tonight. Looking forward to it, missed it last week.

P90X legs and back today. The dogs were very "helpful" with the wall sits and trying to stand under me while doing lunges.

I learned that I should not do arms on a day that I have to interpret then go to band and try to hold up my flute for 2 hours! duh!

LOL! Dontcha just love dogs helping your exercise? It's why I can't do floor exercises at home. The just have to hang their big ole wet tongue over me, panting with a quisicial look on their face why I am trying to do situps or leg lifts and avoid the drool!

LOL! Dontcha just love dogs helping your exercise? It's why I can't do floor exercises at home. The just have to hang their big ole wet tongue over me, panting with a quisicial look on their face why I am trying to do situps or leg lifts and avoid the drool!

no kidding Jenny! drives me crazy. My shepard was standing on the wii fit balance board and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't moving till I felt her fuzzy leg on mine. Not to mention the kisses everytime you do a crunch.

Monday:
Doing a week of teaching at the college, so everytime I had to go to the classroom on the 2nd floor, I sprinted up the stairs two at a time rather than take the elevator. Managed quite a few trips during the day.

Yoga tonight in my new VFFs! Fun! Teacher said I look like a superhero in them! :rofl3: Then we took a trip up to the outlet mall. Need new sneaks to tide me over till I get up to distance with the VFFs. Walking around, I am consciously aware of how my foot strikes the ground and trying to remedy the heel strike... which the VFFs encourage.

I figured as long as I am getting foot coverings as funky as VFF, I should have some fun!

P1011034.jpg

Last edited:
I got a couple pairs of NB on sale as my transition shoe. The minimalist forum suggests pulling the insole out.

Back to the puppy park tonight. My calves felt fine, running in my shoes, then I did some silly footwork (tight figure 8, for fun) and they tightened up on me like crazy. I finally took off my shoes, after only 1600 steps, and went barefoot. I was able to relax enough that the tight calves relaxed. I really tried to concentrate on form, not speed, and adjust to tiny cues my body was giving me. I finally stopped after step 5000, because I didn't want to over do it! RELAX, go easy, go light is the key. Saved my VFF for later on, didn't want to accidentally chrisen (sp) them with BSS! LOL

Back
Top Bottom