2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New Balance :)

Those are awesome Jenny!! I hadn't even thought about them being good for yoga. That's so cool!! You are all going o be so funky. :)

Thursday 5/13 AM - Cycling class (55 minutes + 5 cooldown). Approximately 475 calories. Good times. Tonight I am taking my first class in Pilates and am looking forward to it!

I took one Pilates class and loved it! Scheduling conficts prevent me from taking that class right now, but am looking for another. Have fun in Pilates!

Yoga tonight in my new VFFs! Fun! Teacher said I look like a superhero in them! :rofl3: Then we took a trip up to the outlet mall. Need new sneaks to tide me over till I get up to distance with the VFFs. Walking around, I am consciously aware of how my foot strikes the ground and trying to remedy the heel strike... which the VFFs encourage.

I figured as long as I am getting foot coverings as funky as VFF, I should have some fun!

P1011034.jpg

those are some crazy looking shoes! I like them! ok what does VFF mean?

last night did p90x shoulders, chest and tricep. 3 lb. weights never felt so heavy! only thing I couldn't do was 1 arm push ups. no way!

Went shopping yesterday with my mom, down from a size 22 to an 18! so I'm happy about that!

Also joined a gym yesterday with a pool. Swam today. I think I did 11 laps if a lap is down and back. alternated arms for a lap then legs for a lap then both doing freestyle, breast stroke, back stroke, and what I call the SCUBA kick!

felt great just to be in the water!

Jenny those are some crazy shoes! I want a pair! are they comfortable? do they rub on your toes? What kind do you have? I think the sprint might be a good match for my hiking, swimming, working out.

New Balance :)

I was under the impression that the New Balance was at the opposite end of the spectrum as the Vibrams. Don't they promote heal striking or rolling through the heal?

Wednesday:
Kettlebell Rotator cuff movements. Lay on back with KB overhead, then roll onto side with KB still overhead. x10 each side. Could definitely feel it a couple of hours after I was done.

Your probably right, but they are light and cheap. :) Will work as I transition to minimalist. I am such a long ways off from going all minimalist and at the rate I have been training, I figure it may be next year! In the meantime, I have a 1/2 in July I am running (in PA), wanna join me? :D

Trixie, so far they are very comfortable, except they rub me a little above the heel in the back. Haven't run in them yet. Will let you know. And I understand you wanting some! I was the same way the first time I saw somebody with them- a year ago!

Back
Top Bottom