2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i started the year at 219. looking to get back to 190. trying not to be as sedentary. cutting out the fast food and started running and lifting again. all i have to say is that i hurt right now. it took 2 years to put the weight on, and i giving myself 6 months to take it off.

Up early for a dive boat. I weighed yesterday at the gym, only down -0.6 this week/this year. I didn't dive last week, but hit the gym hard, lots of lifting, so I'm okay with essentially no loss/gain, as I added muscle mass.

I am still counting from 8/28/2010 when I started my program. It's now 19 weeks and I have lost 34.2lb from 250.0. I'm at 215.8.

I will get in four dives this week, all on the Yukon, two today and two tomorrow. I dive wet, so maybe will burn some calories in the 57F water. :wink:

Welcome everybody!! :happywave: Glad there are so many new [-]faces[/-]s avatars!
I did day 3 on Sports Active (day 2, rest), medium intensity, 30 day challenge. I "beat" the intended calories burned, 164 them, 183 me!!!! Whooo hooo!!! I also did a little bit of freestyle running at the doggie park, mainly just to loosen up and get moving. It didn't feel right, so I didn't do much.
I jumped on the scale and am down a few pounds from last week, but am waiting for the official weight at the WW meeting on Tuesday night.

i will be dragging my butt up a local hill today. had to talk the GF out of grabbing burgers when we're done. she was both impressed and disappointed at my resolve. apparently they're excellent burgers.

Five Guys?? (the fries rock...can have them on WW, but in very limited quantities)

IN

I actually started Thanksgiving week, we went to a spa for the week and did a bunch of exercising. My plan is to continue swimming twice a week before work and lifting twice a week. My SO and I are planning a change in our eating habits, we already eat pretty healthy but our downfall is our social life... too much wine and too much eating out.

Five Guys?? (the fries rock...can have them on WW, but in very limited quantities)

no, i local drive-in that's been around forever. kicked butt on the hill though. first one up, first one down, and then went a third of the way back up to find the rest of the group. feel great now, but i'm dreading tomorrow!

Welcome Queen!
Congrats on kicking butt on the hill kooz! :thumb:
No hills here.

Did laps today. Much easier than the first two trips to the pool. Some one mentioned going through the alphabet and for each lap think of things to be grateful for that start with that letter. It calmed me so I didn't start with a burst only to end up struggling through the last laps. I feel so much better for it.

IN

I actually started Thanksgiving week, we went to a spa for the week and did a bunch of exercising. My plan is to continue swimming twice a week before work and lifting twice a week. My SO and I are planning a change in our eating habits, we already eat pretty healthy but our downfall is our social life... too much wine and too much eating out.

It started for me Thanksgiving week too - eating lots of good food. I had lost 15lbs in the last two months before Thanksgiving. Gained it all back from then until Jan 2nd.

Great jobs everyone, sounds like were all headed the right direction. I must have measured my weight when I was full of pie and ETOH from New Years. The scale says I've dropped to 202 which is 7lbs in a week. Really wish it were that easy but I do tend to show a good drop when I start.

Back
Top Bottom