20th Annual Oceanwatch Reef Sweep & Beach Cleanup - June 14, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with you, Jenny.

However, I planned to run a fishing trip for my ladies fishing club that weekend and set the date last December. I cannot change it and disappoint the other 19 ladies.

Reef Sweep is a great time and a great cause but the date probably just doesn't work out for a lot of people. :(

EDIT: to me, EVERY dive is Reef Sweep. I brought back four pieces of ugly trash last Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Nope. Done Pompano every year. And we could pull that much again!

As for your dive operators/shops or anyone interested in donating items for door prizes and raffles items this is also a great way to get your advertising/publicity out to the masses.

You'll get the charitable deduction and, even better than that, word of mouth advertising. What could be better? and cheaper?

One year a CRUISE was given... WOW! :11:

I vote we do Pompano Pier again. Any comments? Looking forward to it! Love this dive, besides being a clean up dive, there is always a LOT of fish and critters to see.

I vote we do Pompano Pier again. Any comments? Looking forward to it! Love this dive, besides being a clean up dive, there is always a LOT of fish and critters to see.
I'm interested in joining you at the Pompano pier. This would not only be my first time participating, but it will be my FIRST FL beach dive. I think it is great not only for the clean up but also to start meeting some of the local "scuba boarders", and to begin exploring all these great shore dives around here.

Are you definitely doing Pompano? so that I can print the proper release form.
What should I bring other than basic dive gear? everyone brings their own flag or are we in a group?
Driving up from Miami, Tips on Parking?

Excuse all the questions, I know there'll be a briefing/orientation there at 8:30, hope you don't mind a newbie tagging along.

Newbies are always welcome. Yes, I plan on being at Pompano Pier. Plans have changed a little for me. I can't dive (stitches!), but plan on being there to help with the beach walk.
You probably won't need a flag, but bring gloves and if you have scissors, bring them also. I think they have some for you to borrow. When you pull up to drop off gear, they will tell you where to park.
It is best to join a buddy or a small group to dive with. Makes picking up the stuff easier. Wish I could join ya underwater. :(

Glad to have you... all the underwater hands we can get are very helpful. :) Plus, don't forget to come join the party and meet even more good people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom