21w HID canister Light For Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please read this entire thread before making any orders with this user.
There will be plenty more coming soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam any New video's of the light in use outside the pool?

Unfortunately not yet. I'll probably have to sell a light to someone with an underwater video camera and offer them a discount to take some video for me. I may do some land video just to see how it goes.

Only if I had a video camera....
Sounds great, Would your batteries be interchangeable with Halcyon Nimh if I wanted to switch to Li-ion and would they have the same threee prong connector

I can really put any connector you'd like on the end of the battery pack. I'm not using the banana plugs yet like the newer lights. The battery packs will run on the Halcyon bulb. If you have a 4.5 hour burn time Nimh right now, the same size Li-Ion pack would get you around 6.5 hours.

Yes thats what I have 21watt/9AH battery

Whats the price of the Li-ion and I would guess I would need a differnt charger for that battery also

I can make the 6.5 hr Li-Ion for $160. If you need one now though, there will be about a 3 week lead time to get it built. I am ordering a bunch of batteries within a few weeks and should have 5-10 packs available to ship immediately shortly after that. Yes it uses a different charger. It runs around $30.

Ok, No i do not need one yet, I was just thinking about the future. When you build them will you be using the banana plugs so it's a straight swap

I'm debating whether or not to use sealed batteries and banana plugs. I think I can waterproof everything without the use of banana plugs. I would really like to find a unique solution to sealing the battery. I'm trying to find a ballast that will allow a 3ft cable so I can reduce the light head size substantially as well...

Proteus Dive lights site will be uploaded within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom