250 Cow nosed rays in Komodo with a GH5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stphnmartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I took a trip to Komodo over the summer with the GH5. The highlight of the trip was seeing a massive school of about 250 cow nosed rays coming through the Cauldron against the current.

Here's the video of the adventure. Comments and critiques are welcome.

That is/was amazing! What drone do you have?

Can you speak some about the live aboard? Comfort...food...number of dives...how you got there and such please?

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed that!

Cool Vid! Brings back memories!!! I love the macro part...

You know there is a manta watch for Komodo? They would be really happy if you send them your video or pictures so they can identify them and see their migration...
How Can I Help? - MantaWatch

Critique:
Drone, cut, drone, cut, drone, cut, drone...

Maybe I'm old, but the cuts are too hard and fast for me. It kills me because everything is gorgeous, and I want to look longer.

The drone footage is also gorgeous, but feels a bit slapped together...like there was no story?

All that being said, I loved it!

Critique:

Maybe I'm old, but the cuts are too hard and fast for me. It kills me because everything is gorgeous, and I want to look longer.

The drone footage is also gorgeous, but feels a bit slapped together...like there was no story?

As the producer slowly filled his pockets with weights and jumped off of the Magnolia Bridge..........lol...harsh man :wink:

Critique:
You're kidding right?
Exceptional!

Critique:

I agree with you; you're old. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom