27lbs or 32lbs Lift Capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertalmario

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning to but OMS IQ Lite with OMS Sidemount Adapter so that I can use it for single tank or side mount.

I'm 5'7 in height and 70kgs in weight. What is the advisable lift capacity for me? 27lbs or 32lbs Lift Capacity?

I will use it in warm water (Asia & Red Sea).

How much gas for you plan to carry and how much buoyancy will you lose from your exposure protection? There in lies your answer. If you haven't bought the bc yet, consider a xdeep instead.

my opinion is that system is horrible for what you want to do........maybe consider something like this:
Alpha/Delta Hybrid Trim Device - Black Camo 2018 version - 30lbs/14kg · UTD Scuba Diving

Add a softplate and some webbing and you've got an excellent backmount rig and a very good sidemount rig. I have several of them in my rental fleet because they change so quickly and easily from BM to SM, have adjustable lift and are built very well.

I want to have one BC only. So if i want to do the sidemount, i will just connect the adapter and if it's for single tank, i will just remove it.

It's like for Hollis SMS75 or 100. It only needs a cam band for single tank.

The OMS adapter uses "door handles" which are far less than optimum for Al tanks. Better off with what I suggested and use waist D rings. No mounting and removing of an adapter, just a single tank band and that's it. Simple, easy and only 1 piece of gear.

If you dive with 2 tanks, you clip on 2 tanks in sidemount. When you want to dive with 1 tank, you clip only 1 tank in sidemount.

Not sure why you'd want anything to do with such an adapter...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom