2gb memory of XD (m)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all,

I have read ont he oly's website that on mid Septemeber they have launched a 2gb of XD but "M" Version. Has anybody bought it and tried it yet. In Indonesia here they r not avaialble yet. thx.

sunkarm:
hi all,

I have read ont he oly's website that on mid Septemeber they have launched a 2gb of XD but "M" Version. Has anybody bought it and tried it yet. In Indonesia here they r not avaialble yet. thx.

Looked but haven't bought.. Since it is the "M" version, it will be 2-3X slower (by olympus's own account) than an "H" version. I would get 1GB H versions and hold out for the 2GB H version later if they come out with one..

Two 1GB H's are cheaper and faster than one 2GB M card at www.outpost.com.

I just ordered two 1GB H's yesterday. It's a little riskier to keep so much on one card anyway, in my opinion.

But what i like about the 2 gb is that i can store for a longer movie recording duration. I hope they come up with 3 gb for sp-350.

I would love to see a 3-5gb H card, but on the plus side, the price on the 1gb is WAY down. I've been getting them periodically on sale at Fry's for as little as $34.95. One per customer, but I bring my wife along to buy a second. Sure beats the old $67.95 for "M" garbage 6 months ago. I saw a SanDisk "M" card at $29.95 last week, but they're just too slow on RAW. I don't have to wait anymore shooting on the "H". By the time I reset my strobes and check my distance they're ready to shoot again.

I found 2GB type H cards are available, if you've got the $$.

http://www.flash-memory-store.com/high-speed-xd-picture-cards.html

Not anywhere near my budget.

Larry C, would you mind putting up a pic of your rig? I've seen that you get great results and I am trying to figure out what I need to get to set up my rig.

Thanks.

jbichsel:
I found 2GB type H cards are available, if you've got the $$.

http://www.flash-memory-store.com/high-speed-xd-picture-cards.html

Not anywhere near my budget.

Larry C, would you mind putting up a pic of your rig? I've seen that you get great results and I am trying to figure out what I need to get to set up my rig.

Thanks.

This is just speculation (and a lot of common sense), but I believe the online source showing the 2GB H cards for $999 is bogus. They show a Fuji and Olympus one and neigther company makes one. I guess they figure nobody would be dumb enough to pay $999 for a card so they are safe to show they at least have them.. Any company that would do something like this isn't one I would shop with.

rjsimp:
This is just speculation (and a lot of common sense), but I believe the online source showing the 2GB H cards for $999 is bogus. They show a Fuji and Olympus one and neigther company makes one. I guess they figure nobody would be dumb enough to pay $999 for a card so they are safe to show they at least have them.. Any company that would do something like this isn't one I would shop with.

Right, I think that's just a placeholder on their website so when they do eventually become available, they won't have to do any more web-design...just pop in the new price.

Larry C:
I would love to see a 3-5gb H card, but on the plus side, the price on the 1gb is WAY down. I've been getting them periodically on sale at Fry's for as little as $34.95. One per customer, but I bring my wife along to buy a second. Sure beats the old $67.95 for "M" garbage 6 months ago. I saw a SanDisk "M" card at $29.95 last week, but they're just too slow on RAW. I don't have to wait anymore shooting on the "H". By the time I reset my strobes and check my distance they're ready to shoot again.

Larry C, Does sandisk's memory card b used for SP-350? thx

Back
Top Bottom