2nd pool day fun & not as tiring as first

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David P

Reaction score
Well some of you may have read my first pool session was basically a torture test to make sure we wont drown. My legs were sore for a couple of days after that much swimming... So today I had my second pool session with full scuba (except wet suit) What a blast!!!! No probs clearing masks, dofing and doning the gear at the bottom of the pool (puting on an inflated bc isnt too easy though) buddy breathing all that fun stuff! I must say that I was amazed when I realized I could break water or bounce of the 10' deep bottom without changing my boyency, just breathing.
Last night I ended up buying a dive rite bc. I didnt get to set it up for class today but spent an hour or two this afternoon setting it up (in my own pool). Adjusting these things are a pain, but I think its pretty well dialed in and I must say I think its more comy than the jacket style I was using earlier today. Im still not too sure if I like the idea of the crotch strap, sounds painfull.

Oh funny story, were demonstrating to the instructor we can remove our reg, replace it and clear it, Then we flood our mask and clear that. My buddy does fine with the regulator, goes to flood his mask and looses his reg. The instructor and I are watch to see if he panics, but as it turns out, the guy doesnt even realize hes not breathing. After what seems like forever (and he couldnt figure out why we were staring at him) it finally dawns on him and he quickly sticks the thing in his mouth. The instructor was lauging so hard I think he was crying, and the student was lauging pretty well at himself but I think he was sorta embarrased...

Hi David - glad you're enjoying the training. Know what you mean about the first pool session. I was exhausted after mine, too. I was exhausted just putting on the gear never mind getting in the water and swimming!

A tip for your skills. You said:

David P:
... and doning the gear at the bottom of the pool (puting on an inflated bc isnt too easy though)

First thing to do in this skill is deflate and let all the air out of the BCD. Then it won't float away so much. Of course, if you have some weight in the BC it is easier too. Some folks dive with weight split between the belt and their bc and it certainly helps with the bc removal and replacement and belt removal and replacement. :wink:

Keep enjoying the training.

Back
Top Bottom