2nd stage free flow control device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He's referencing the sliding screw inline isolators valves you can put between your LP hose and 2nd stage inlet. Not the isolator on a twin tank behind the divers head.
1698625772791.png

1698625726257.png

-Z

Any thoughts on a 2nd stage or octo free flow control device or "isolator valve" as some call it.... I dive in cooler water and am worried bout free flow from regulator or octo... My reg setup is the Oceanic FDX10 1st stage(enviro sealed), Oceanic EOS 2nd stage and alpha 8 octo..... I read on here that in a free flow situaton some people kink the hose, i think that would be a last resort for me, i believe that the "isolator valve" would be a wise thing to get, has anybody used them or have any opinions bout them.... please help:eyebrow:
Actually, Dacor has invented an anti-freeflow device, and incorporated it into their Pacer regulators (and beyond, I think). So if you are worried about freeflow causing an icing situation with your octopus regulator, get a Pacer (the metal one) with this anti-freeflow device. You can get used ones on E-Bay quite cheaply, and they do perform well.

SeaRat

Attachments

• Dacor PACER002.jpg
    Dacor PACER002.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom