3 Bottle dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We took 15/55, 35/25, 50%, and O2. Max depth ended up being 240ft tho. Scootering, reel, videoing, and avoiding switching on the bottom was the right call. We had oodles on time on ascent to dink with the 3rd bottle.

We took 15/55, 35/25, 50%, and O2. Max depth ended up being 240ft tho. Scootering, reel, videoing, and avoiding switching on the bottom was the right call. We had oodles on time on ascent to dink with the 3rd bottle.

Shrug. Thats the way it usually works out on real dives. What backgas tanks were you using for your dives?

kevin

3 had 95s/119s at 3600psi, one set of 130s at 3500. Tank-wise its what we have. Seemed to work out ok.

The other benefit of not bringing an 80 was being able to stand up and waddle to the boat's door with 2x al40s up front, clip the O2 leash at the door and jump. Only a scooter to pass down.

We were comparative hoovers on the bottom but good on deco gas. I think I finished 25 mins on EAN50 with 900psi left, no need for an 80 there (we had support too).

3 had 95s/119s at 3600psi, one set of 130s at 3500. Tank-wise its what we have. Seemed to work out ok.

The other benefit of not bringing an 80 was being able to stand up and waddle to the boat's door with 2x al40s up front, clip the O2 leash at the door and jump. Only a scooter to pass down.

We were comparative hoovers on the bottom but good on deco gas. I think I finished 25 mins on EAN50 with 900psi left, no need for an 80 there (we had support too).

Thats seems to be the way of things for many divers. Starting the dive, you are excited, a bit nervous, potentially in unknown territory all tend to make the sac rate a bit higher. Once one gets over to deco everything tends to calm down a bit more.

We didnt have a problem with standing up with a 40 + an 80 and the O2 leashed. I think it all depends on the boat and how much surface support one has though.

Yeah once up to ~160 it was like a whole different dive (being in familar territory). The issue always being on the deeper stuff, you never know what you're going to get, hard to dive the same site enough to even get vaguely familar.

In our case our grappel fell off the wreck since it seems to have been a unidirectional hook on a vertical portion of hull. We had pulled pretty hard on it beforehand. Having to search on the bottom, on the trigger, not sure if the grappel was going to drag in the gravel sucked up some gas for sure.

Its quite possible that bringing an 80 of bottom gas would have been better its an extra ~50cf of gas vs. our usage on the 120ft bottle. Hard to say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom