3 day Norte coming in 28DEC23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingrayvilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999

Attachments

• Norte-washes-up-Sailboat-1140x742.jpg
    Norte-washes-up-Sailboat-1140x742.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 38
Well I sure don't blame him for trying to prevent tragedies. His shoulders can't be big enough to carry a load like that nor should we insist on risking our life because it's our (dive, fishing, snorkeling etc etc) vacation which cost $xxx and we only get 1 a year.

How can the port captain prevent people from staying out long after a mid day port closure?

Stiff fines when orders are disobeyed.

How can the port captain prevent people from staying out long after a mid day port closure?
We were under water a number of years back when a sudden squall rolled in. It was rough!! The port captain had closed the port while we were down. The was a law enforcement boat telling all other boats that they needed to get back to port. There was 100% compliance. If everyone did not comply immediately, I'm quite sure that they would have taken any and all corrective measures.

We were under water a number of years back when a sudden squall rolled in. It was rough!! The port captain had closed the port while we were down. The was a law enforcement boat telling all other boats that they needed to get back to port. There was 100% compliance. If everyone did not comply immediately, I'm quite sure that they would have taken any and all corrective measures.
Thanks, but it was a rhetorical question.
Even without direct contact, marine radios could have prevented the deaths, " If" the captains involved listened to them.

I feel sorry for the working fisherman, who may or may not have a radio.

Those days show moderate winds…but wrong direction. Good luck.

Dave Dillehay

20231228_075027.jpg

Doesn't seem too bad, unless you look closely at the palm trees...there's a steady wind from the N/NW.

Any update on forecast for the next few days?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom