3 months diving trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First, what region are we referring to? I meant the Costa Maya or whatever they call it. There could be great diving further south toward Belize, but although it's geographically close, the travel makes it another region in my mind--more the Belize region than Mexico.

I just returned from my diving trip in what the locals call Costa Maya, from Tulum south to the Belize border. I had a rental car so I drove to Xcalak, just off the Belize border. It was a return trip as my wife & I stayed there last summer and thoroughly enjoyed being off the grid. My wife gives directions to it as drive to the end of the world then hang a left. Diving is excellent without the boatloads of divers. Banco Chinchorro is always in it's own category of diving as is Turneffe Atoll off Belize. Being solo, I moved from Xcalak to Mahahual partially because of TS Harvey's approach, partially to seek AC. It was a surprise to find a great beach, eccentric expats, and a shorter boat ride to Chinchorro. Most people think the diving and accommodations stop at Tulum; they are so wrong. For me it is where the enjoyment of Costa Maya begins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom