Question Looking for Recommendations for Dive Trip in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Late November or early November? November is still hurricane season. Even if there's no hurricane, it can be very rainy in the Caribbean.

I am somewhat flexible. The earliest would be mid-November, out into early December. The reason I was initially looking outside of the Caribbean is because of hurricane season and the related bad weather that can sideline diving.

This is my general concern regarding many of the suggestion. Between Belize, Bonaire, T&C, Caymans, is any one of them less affected by November weather than the others?

Thank you all for your advice, very much.

I was just in Belize in December 2023 and the reef is decimated due to the extremely warm waters over the summer. Most of the hard coral is bleached and the soft coral is looking pretty rough. There is minimal fish life. I will not go back for many years.

Turks and Caicos Explorer was my first liveaboard so I'd recommend that but I can't speak to the weather in November.

Bonaire is fantastic but I think the main draw is shore diving so you'll need to be traveling with a buddy. I don't have a dive buddy and prefer liveaboard diving.

Perhaps Grenada? No guarantees of course, but it's generally out of the hurricane zone. No liveaboard. I recommend staying at True Blue Resort and diving with Aquanauts. I've also stayed at a place that cost less and still dove with Aquanauts but it didn't have the convenience of popping right onto the dock, like at True Blue. It did offer a nice beach on a quiet cove. I can't confirm that beach is still quiet though.

Thank you for your reply. Bonaire has been on my list for a while. I was not aware that the diving was good in November, but further research says yes.
We visited Bonaire a couple of times around Thanksgiving weekend. Sure, it can be rainy, but that's true of many Caribbean destinations in November. Don't let a little rain dissuade you. More than once, we have waited in our rental truck for the rain to subside. With Bonaire's shore diving, you can do that. With boat diving, you can't as easily just wait out the rain.

I was just in Belize in December 2023 and the reef is decimated due to the extremely warm waters over the summer. Most of the hard coral is bleached and the soft coral is looking pretty rough. There is minimal fish life. I will not go back for many years.
Sadly, this is what I have read time and again. It is particularly sad for me because Belize was my first diving experience after being certified in New England. That was March, 2014, and the beauty blew my mind. We are losing so much so fast.

Sadly, this is what I have read time and again. It is particularly sad for me because Belize was my first diving experience after being certified in New England. That was March, 2014, and the beauty blew my mind. We are losing so much so fast.
I had never been! I heard amazing things so I was looking forward to it. When I went in December I had just gotten back from the Banda Sea in Indonesia about 6 weeks earlier so when I was disappointed by what I saw I didn't know if it was an unfair comparison but the scuba guide and the snorkeling guide at the resort I was at confirmed it's the worst they've ever seen.

Late November or early November? November is still hurricane season. Even if there's no hurricane, it can be very rainy in the Caribbean.

I really enjoyed my time on the Turks and Caicos Explorer II. I had room 4 on the main deck. It's pretty small so I was glad not to have a roommate. That said, the room is only for sleeping anyway. Good boat, great staff, very nice Caribbean diving.

There you are😊🙇

Just got confirmed for Buddy Dive, November 16 - 23. If any ScubaBoard members will be there during that time, let me know. The first cocktail is on me.

Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom