3 New Olympus Bodies to be released/announced at PMA this year.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
olympus-dslrwtmk.jpg

Allegedly:

E-410(E-400 with some improvements, for US release this time - thank God).

E-5xx(E-500 replacement)

E-x(E-1 replacement, long awaited - probably contending against the likes of the D200, 30D, K10D, ect).

Patiently awaiting the announcement before I move to DSLR - looking at the E1 replacement. Hope I'm not gonna be dissapointed !!!

And that someone is going to make a housing for it.

If the E410 has LiveView, I'd consider it a better option for UW photography. Smaller and lighter package, and they already anounced a housing for the E400, so surely the E410 would have one.

No real need for a pro-body UW, but it will surely be an excellent camera regardless :D

Do u know whether there will b new compact camera or not?

thx

SuPrBuGmAn:
olympus-dslrwtmk.jpg

Allegedly:

E-410(E-400 with some improvements, for US release this time - thank God).

E-5xx(E-500 replacement)

E-x(E-1 replacement, long awaited - probably contending against the likes of the D200, 30D, K10D, ect).

sunkarm:
Do u know whether there will b new compact camera or not?

thx

You mean like a PnS?

They have announced several already.

SP550UZ
Stylus 770, 760, FE-210, FE-230, FE-240, FE-250

If you mean a compact dSLR, there simply isn't anything more compact in the dSLR world than the E400 and whats probably going to be labeled the E410. Its smaller than the Nikon D40 and unlike the D40, its not crippled all to hell.

Do you know what the main differences between the es 330 and the 410 whould be? I was looking at the 330 but can what to the release of the 410.

Specs on the E410 are only speculated on at this time.

E400 is smaller than the E330. E400 also has a 10mp sensor. The E330 has LiveView(which is rumoured to be on the E410 - but maybe not on a flip out LCD to keep size small).

No harm in waiting a week to find out, the E330 will still be around and prices may start dropping on them when the newer models are available.

SuPrBuGmAn:
No real need for a pro-body UW, but it will surely be an excellent camera regardless :D

Agreed, but I will probably buy the camera overseas and if I'm going to spend money on shipping, taxes etc it may be worth my while to buy the best I can get if the price difference isn't too great.

Who's going to complain about having a damned nice dry cam to use when its not housed? :) I'm sure the weather sealing will come in handy in So. Africa.

I use my E1 in pouring rain all the time with no ill effects, Olympus knows how to make a tough camera, if anything.

Yup - we got it all - dust and rain.

If the new Exx isn't much of an improvement I will probably go with an E 410.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom