3040?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinaMarie

Registered
Reaction score
I have a 3040 that I'm quite attached to. But all the housings I see only seem to fit the 5050 and up. I'd rather not buy a new camera if I didn't have to - are there housings out there that will fit my antique?

TinaMarie:
I have a 3040 that I'm quite attached to. But all the housings I see only seem to fit the 5050 and up. I'd rather not buy a new camera if I didn't have to - are there housings out there that will fit my antique?

The Olympus PT-010 housing is for your camera. It runs around $200.
However the problem will be in locating one as they have been out of production for some time.
IMHO if you spend the almost $500. on the Ikelite housing you should buy a second camera so you don't get stuck with a housing if your camera dies.
Several Olympus camera models fit that housing, all of which are out of production. You can pickup a C4000Z refurb for under $200. That will be the highest megapixel camera that will fit that housing.
So now you are looking at $700. For that money you can likely find an Oly 5050 refurb, or new, and a PT-015 housing.

I started with a 3040 but used a PT-007 housing. The PT-010 came later and fit more camera models including the 3040. Unfortunately, I no longer have mine, but I wanted to let you know the other model number, should you come across it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom