#360underwater Giant Pacific Octopus nest with eggs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Watch in YouTube app for 360 effect...

My dive buddy and i were lucky enough to get out this evening and visit a known octopus nest near Seattle. This was first try, i need to put diffusers on the lights hidden in stitch line. This was filmed with 3 ribcage modified Gopro array with 220 lenses and the Korean made VRPRO VR-YL3 and Light & motion SOLA2000 lights.

Housing here: 유캠
Lights here: Sola Video 3800 F

Last edited:
Whoa, hello there...

Edit:
You got me worried I might learn a new trick here... got me to order a (hopefully not too cheap) VR viewer for the phone...

Last edited:
:)

This video plays well (along with others) in a Samsung Gear VR headset with associated phone, Google cardboard style via Youtube, Homido mini, etc...
I'm considering using Littlstar as a delivery platform now that they have made 360 viewing available for current generation AppleTV as well :) (you sweep around using the touch pad on remote)

:)

This video plays well (along with others) in a Samsung Gear VR headset with associated phone, Google cardboard style via Youtube, Homido mini, etc...
I'm considering using Littlstar as a delivery platform now that they have made 360 viewing available for current generation AppleTV as well :) (you sweep around using the touch pad on remote)
Well, you do speak a bit "too far ahead for me", but thanks to Santa (well, me), I now watched it with VR Gear as it was meant to be seen. ... and:
AMAZING!
That said, techno baby steps for me. Next, finding some sort of remote to not have to twiddle the phone in and out of the VR Gear all the time...
But, that said, your nest guarding giant octopus got me to try something all the VR games and rollercoasters would not...

Cool. I'm surprised that in all the decades I've been diving, I've never seen an octopus "nest"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom