4 Spots available for Rig Diving trip out of Freeport TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbeardjr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have spots available this Saturday and Sunday. For an offshore 3 tank Rig diving trip this weekend.

We will leave the dock in Freeport at 8:00 AM with our first stop being Rig Brazos A-19 60 miles out into the blue waters of the gulf. On... site and divers in the water approximately 10:30 AM. Dive one tank take a surface interval/lunch break then another dive. After these two dives we we will make our way to another rig in the area before heading ...back. ETA back at dock 5:30 PM

To reserve a spot or for more details call or message me
$220/diver.

832-603-1698

Captain Beard Charters - Sports/Recreation/Activities - Kemah, TX | Facebook

60 miles out?!? Might as well go to Stetson... 30 knots in the gulf?

I would love to find out about more of your trips, but with a little more than 24 hours notice.

TwoBitTxn:6273984:
I would love to find out about more of your trips, but with a little more than 24 hours notice.

Me too, and why are charters in the Gulf out of TX the most expensive I have ever seen? I can drive a few hours east to Alabama or Florida and go out for 100 to 150 dollars.

Going on on Sunday too. Plan is to make a trip every weekend the weather allows though.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Me too, and why are charters in the Gulf out of TX the most expensive I have ever seen? I can drive a few hours east to Alabama or Florida and go out for 100 to 150 dollars.

The trips here are more expensive I am guess because of the fuel cost. Especially in the winter and Spring the blue water is farther out. The last few trips we have made we didn't hit blue/green water until the 50 mile mark.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

The extra 25 miles to Stetson is a right on the limits of my fuel range following the 1/3 out 1/3 back 1/3 reserve rule.

The rigs we have dove were colorful and were swarming with fish, Snapper, Spade, Barracude etc.

It was a great trip this weekend, as good as it gets. Left the dock at 8:30 first 30 miles were were dodging trees and debris washed out from the recent rains. We still arrive at the first rig 60's miles out by 10:30 though.

It was sunny warm, water temps in the 70's, clear blue water. Seas totally flat. I uploaded some pictures of how flat it was and of all the trees out there.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

What about next weekend (3/30 and 4/1). Does it look like the
weather will favorable for a rig trip from Freeport?

I am out of town next week diving with the Maximum SCUBA group in Florida. I will be making trips out April 7th and April 8th though if you are interested.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

60 miles out?!? Might as well go to Stetson... 30 knots in the gulf?

We ran 30 knots yesterday there and back, made it out in less than 2 hours. The Kat rides pretty good and doesn't pound like a monohull In 3-4's I still can maintain 22 knots before we start launching. Anything forecast over 4 I stay home because most people are not ok with it after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom