4th Annual North Coast Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Every year I throw a dive party up on the North Coast to celebrate the great diving and introduce new people to the area.

This year the party will be August 11th -14th 2005 at Ocean Cove Campground.
Ocean Cove is located in Sonoma County 14 miles north of Jenner on hwy 1.
The cost per night is $16 and boat launch is $8 additional. They have a fish cleaning station, showers, boat launching ramp (4 wheel drive recommended). The only downside is chemical toilets but they work. It is a nice private campground.

The area is great for kayaking so if you have a kayak bring it!
Even better if you have a boat. Several people who have been doing this party have boats, but space can be limited, so if you plan to go please e-mail me so I have a heads up as to what to expect.

Normally we have the party at Vandamme but I thought it might be good to have it somewhere different this year.

I am going to try and get the group site which is $160 per night and they allow up to 10 cars. Individual sites are 16 dollars so it's the same difference.

This is the first time I have mentioned the campout on this board but it seems like some friendly good people here so let's have a party!!

I have 2 big campchef stoves and plenty of big heavy duty pots and pans that could pass for army camp kitchen gear. Other people bring lots of stuff too. We always share recipes and I always like when people get involved in cooking new and exiting
things for us to try.
We go out each day, dive our butts off, then come back to camp and cook up all the stuff we gathered. My favorite is the party initiation where we get something considered gross and disgusting from the ocean (but edible), cook it up in some fashion usually with butter and garlic, then make the "greenie" sample a bit. It's great fun!
One year I fried up some fish eye balls and fed them to Brian Ishida. He loved them some much he was looking arounmd for more!

It's going to be a great time, let me know if you're interested.

The diving is both free and scuba so if you want to scuba dive be sure to bring ALL your gear including as many tanks as you have. If you want to hunt be sure you are up on the regs and have an ab card.

Thats totally awesome that you have invited us all from Scubaboard.

Back
Top Bottom