4th Element Artic vs Halo 3D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to buy Fourth Element, check the new Halo AR too. I heard is as warm as a 3D but it's less bulky. I haven't tried one on. Maybe someone owns both could comment on this.
I don't own a Halo AR, but I spoke to a fellow who owns one, and he graciously let me lay my greasy meathooks upon it. It's niiiiiice.

Thermal properties: The owner reported that the Halo AR is warmer than a Halo 3D, with far less bulk. My fingers were toasty warm after just touching the fabric for a while.

Buoyancy: The Halo AR is fairly buoyant; the owner adds about 2 lbs. of weight beyond what he wears with other undergarments of a similar thickness.

Tailoring: The attention to detail on the Halo AR is top-notch. For example, the stirrups are extra wide, and the zippers all have sealing elements to minimize air transfer.

Thermal properties: The owner reported that the Halo AR is warmer than a Halo 3D, with far less bulk. My fingers were toasty warm after just touching the fabric for a while.

Buoyancy: The Halo AR is fairly buoyant; the owner adds about 2 lbs. of weight beyond what he wears with other undergarments of a similar thickness.
You mean he adds 2 lbs on top of what he uses for Halo 3D?

You mean he adds 2 lbs on top of what he uses for Halo 3D?
I don't remember the answer clearly; IIRC, he meant 2 lbs. on top of an undergarment such as 4th Element Arctic, which is about the same bulk as the Halo AR.

I don't own a Halo AR, but I spoke to a fellow who owns one, and he graciously let me lay my greasy meathooks upon it. It's niiiiiice.

Tailoring: The attention to detail on the Halo AR is top-notch. For example, the stirrups are extra wide, and the zippers all have sealing elements to minimize air transfer.
I am sure it's the cats cat's meow.. I'll get one in 3-5 years when they start coming up used😁

I would love to own one... but that's almost at the price of heat!

I am sure it's the cats cat's meow.. I'll get one in 3-5 years when they start coming up used😁

Hot take. The zipper placement is silly and the the neck is oddly shaped and only works if you’re quite large (buoyant?) or have trapezoidal shaped trapezius muscles. That said, it is warm

I've actually got heat for slightly less. :oops:

I've actually got heat for slightly less. :oops:
Well that's good to know.

Just to creep into that I see the venture 3 which is what, $7-800? And that's if you keep the batteries inside.. idk.

Hot take. The zipper placement is silly and the the neck is oddly shaped and only works if you’re quite large (buoyant?) or have trapezoidal shaped trapezius muscles. That said, it is warm
Also one of those things I would want to try before I buy.. that's too much money (for me) to not know and feel exactly what I'm getting.

Arctic Expedition is no longer manufactured.

Buoyancy = warmth, generally speaking
I Know they no longer make them but they are just as warm as the Arctic.
And u are probably right with the boyancy thing but this works for me and that what's matters

Back
Top Bottom