5 day IDC in the tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

=C=

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The third planet (a smaller one but a nice blue hu
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi All,

Maybe this is the wrong place for it but I just had an awful time with a rush IDC and wanted to ask for advice.

Has anyone else tried the 5 day course with the online component? Did it go okay for you or was it everyday from early morning until late night and full of stress? At this point that I dont want to hear about diving for a while.

Come on SB and tell me some good stories!

Thanks,
-C

Describe awful please. It seems to me that an instructor course that does not excite you about diving is junk. My YMCA instructor exam was 3 1/2 days from 8am to 9 pm on the full days but it was still exhilarating and at the end you wanted to teach. But his was after months of prep and interning. By the time I took my exam I'd already taught 3 OW classes from beginning to end under supervision.

I did my NAUI ITC 22 years ago and remember it like yesterday. It was a tough challenge but well done. I got picked apart on my mistakes, but also reinforced the good stuff. So, 22 years later I am still teaching and plan on teaching for many more. Guess my ITC was pretty good.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom