50 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I just got back from a trip to the California Channel Islands, where I loged my 50th dive. I am excited because I am now qualified to get my DM cert.

scuberd , I'm curious what agency? I know padi's required's are higher for dm.

PADI requires 20 dives to begin DM training, 60 to complete certification.

NAUI requires 25 dives (or NAUI AI Certification - preferred) to begin DM training, 10 additional dives are required to complete certification.

way to go scuberd, enjoy the next 50, Dive hard but always safe.:)

Originally posted by scuberd
I just got back from a trip to the California Channel Islands, where I loged my 50th dive. I am excited because I am now qualified to get my DM cert.

Don't rush it, get the experience.. Remember DM is a professional rating, and you'll be responsible for others.. If you are around other divers and someone has a problem you may be required to act.. and you may get sued...

My last DM did probably 50 dives during his internship, my current DM candidate probably has about 30 so far... (not uncluding personal dives). I require my DMs to participate in several OW, AOW and rescue classes, Map making, and general supervision prior to signing them off..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom