5050 question, XD and CF files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HVF21221

Reaction score
I keep a CF and XD cards in all the time. I fill my XD then my CF. When I go to offload the pics to my computer the cards save the pics the same file names so I have to make seperate folders. Is there a way to get the camera to save the XD as a little different file name? Hope this makes sense.
Thanks.

Hello HV
I have a C-5060 and when I download I simply name the XD download and put them in a file. I then name the CD pictures and download them. You can name the pictures differently but put them in the same folder.
Hope this helps,
RickT

I have never had to switch cards during a dive , till a couple of weekends ago and ran into the same issue you had and had to create two folders - one for each card .

Next time it happens I will put the card into the card reader and then go via the batch rename function in Adobe bridge and rename and move the files while downloading. Of course this will only work if you have Photoshop CS2 .

Hope this helps .

You can also do this in Photoshop elements as well - or at least 2.0 and 4.0 versions will.

If you don't have photoshop the latest version of Irfanview will also do the batch rename for you - I think I had to download a plugin to be able to read Oly Raw format (that's if you shoot in RAW).

A trick that works with my Olympus Stylus is to simply not erase the last photo on the XD card. The stylus will continue to increment up from that point rather than restart at 0001 serial number.

Actually, since the Stylus filename is Pmddxxxx month is month number/letter and dd is day number, there isn't any year date info. I get around it by renaming a file to Pmdd6001 --- then the camera increments up 6001, 6002, 6003, etc.

If the Oly 5050 works in a similar way, you could simply "assign" the 1000 series to XD and 2000 series to SD card by just leaving one pic on the card and renaming them to
P4172001 or something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom