53 Rene Tanks and possibly others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylcj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the board and have started seriously diving more this last year. In my search for gear I came across an estate sale with a lot of steel tanks some converted USN 1944 pilot tanks through to a 1990 LP95. In this bulk of tanks were 2 reconditioned Rene 4-53 & 7-53 Broxton Ave tanks and 2 other 53s in process of refinishing. Would anyone in SoCal (Oceanside) be interested in taking a look at these or any of the other tanks. There are about 15 LP72s and a mix that I cannot identify. I am definitely open to offers as the wife was not too please with me moving 30+ tanks into our 1 car garage :shakehead:. I also have a lot of tank clamps in different sizes and styles which match some of these tanks.

Vintage Tanks - ScubaBoard Gallery

Here are some pictures I have uploaded to my gallery I have just had time to snap. I also found I had the doubles bracket and harness I think is the US Navy Model B from the aqualung 1953 catalog.
I picked these up hoping to get a few cheap tanks to dive but now after researching I am getting into the vintage diving aspect and think I will keep one set, the other is up for sale and I would love to see these complete an authentic 1953 aqualung setup.

I also have two sets of the 1942/43 USN double set. They have ICC numbers so still can be hydro'd and used to dive (Last hydro was 87' I think). I do have the matching doubles band with handle, I just left it at the workshop.

I also have a 1954 US Divers 38 cu.ft tank, I think from the Junior-C kit.

I will add more pictures to the gallery as I can get them. I am also open to someone coming by to look at them if local.

Back
Top Bottom