5mm Wetsuits: looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mannydib:
ive been diving an Evo 5/4/3 wetsuit and although i am pleased that it keeps me warmer than my 3/2 and was pretty inexpensive at $120, it doesnt have any seals on it.

any suggestions on 5mm or 5mm combination (eg 5/4/3, 5/3) suits?

I love my ScubaPro S-Tek 5mm - warmest 5mm I've ever dove. Plus their layering system works great.

I like the BARE 5/4 wetsuit why because in the arms (about mid forearm) and the legs (low calf area) they have dams that really help keep the water out and you stay warmer. Also on the neck portion they have a skin in on the inside so that just helps a whole buch with comfort. I have not had a single problem with mine nor have anybody else that is diving that same suit. What type of water do dive in most of the time? If you do mainly carribean diving then a 5/4/3 is a little much and the BARE 3/2 suit also is perfect for that area of diving. Differences between the two besides the thickness of the suit is on the 3/2 you do not have the dams on the inside of the suit but they are do have gusset seals on the wrist and ankles with ankle zips on both of the suits. I think the 3/2 runs at about $160-180 and the 5/4 runs at$229 so I hope that helps you out

mannydib:
ive been diving an Evo 5/4/3 wetsuit and although i am pleased that it keeps me warmer than my 3/2 and was pretty inexpensive at $120, it doesnt have any seals on it.

any suggestions on 5mm or 5mm combination (eg 5/4/3, 5/3) suits?

I have had a Scubapro 5mm, not the S-Tek, and now use a Henderson hyperstrech. The Henderson is the easiest and most comfortable of the two to use and is warmer than the Scubapro was as well.

chuckrt

I just got one of the Scubapro Everflex 5mm. I have a 3mm and loved it so I thought I would add the 5 to the collection since they just came out. I only have 5 dives or so on the 5mm but definately find it as stretchable as the 3mm. I also find I have no problem self donning/doffing. Little pricey of a suit, but still right in line with other strechlike suits.

Matt

I'm in the market for a 5mm and looked at the Henderson Goldcore and Hyperflex. I was told the Hyperflex doesn't last so I'm surprised by the favorable comments. The Goldcore (which is what I was set on) didn't fit me very well. So now I am going to get the Scubapro as a last resort. Wetsuit shpooing is the worst.

for the price and features I like the BARE 5/4 got mine for 160$ and has "seals" in the forearms and mid calf, just dont pee in it cause it aint going nowhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom