6 cubic foot Pony Kit bouyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlesml3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gang,

Anyone know the bouyancy characteristics of this?:

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src...AirSourcesQuickDeployPony&category=Regulators

Please, no discussion on why I really need a 20 cubic foot slung bottle or how I'm going to die if I don't. I just want to know the bouyancy of this when it's full.

Also, do you know if it's an easy attachment to a Stiletto BC? The link mentions the Ranger quite a bit but no details on other Zeagle BCs.

Thanks!

-Charles

Excellent. Any input on the bouyancy characteristics? Salt water, btw. I don't dive in lakes or rivers.

Thanks!

-Charles

I contacted the crew over at Scubatoys.com regarding this pony. They indicated that it would be slightly negative when full.

-Charles

charlesml3:
I contacted the crew over at Scubatoys.com regarding this pony. They indicated that it would be slightly negative when full.

-Charles

It's also slightly negative when empty as well... in salt water with the valve and everything... about -1 #

What a fascinating contraption. It looks like the reg is built into the valve.

If the bottle is aluminum, then it should be about -0- buoyancy. The built-in reg-valve would be offset by the bottle.

6 cu ft x 0. 08 lbs / cu ft = about 1/2 lb neg for the air when filled. You won't really even feel this.

Looks like the grommets let you attach it to any large or small D-rings. Zeagle sews these smaller D-rings onto many of their B/Cs.

6 cu ft is just enough to bail out to the surface. I suggest nitrox, in your back-tank and in this bottle, to increase your margin of safety with less inert gas (N2) in your breathing mix. Thus when you must avert the safety stop, then the nitrox will be more forgiving.

Thanks for all the input, gang! I was just wondering if it was seriously negative or positive. It is an aluminum tank and apparently slightly negative. Perfect!

I only dive in warm, Carribbean water so 6 cubic feet is plenty. It's only purpose for me is when the "fit hits the shan."

I almost always use Nitrox these days. I'm blessed with very good air consumption and Nitrox gives me that additional bottom time and keeps me under my NDL. The transfiller that comes with this little pony attaches to a standard tank and you just transfer air over. I'll be filling it with Nitrox when I get there. The first stage also unscrews from the tank so you can take it on the airplane with you.

I also ordered a tiny pressure guage that screws right into the HP port of the first stage. No hose or anything. It was only $44.

Thanks again...

-Charles

charlesml3:
I only dive in warm, Carribbean water so 6 cubic feet is plenty. It's only purpose for me is when the "fit hits the shan."

How exactly did you determine that 6 cft is "plenty?" All it does is give you enough gas to run out twice when the the fit hits the shan.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom