6 night stay at the Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pfirejack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Im sad to say that I just returned home from a recent visit to Cozumel Nov 23-29. Stayed 6 nights with the Blue Angel dove 5 days 2 tank morning dives. 2 afternoon 2 tank dives with Salty Endeavors being picked up at Blue Angel dock. All dives were great although the current was wonky & in a couple of cases we did the reef in reverse which made it like a totally new dive. Sorry Im not a photographer so no pics to post but seen some amazing creatures & some beautiful formations. Cannot wait to return in January. Only down side of the trip for me my van guy was a no show at Playa waited extra 45 minutes finally had to take taxi but was charged same price as van so worked out in the end still made my flight. Ferry was 45 pesos both going over & coming back. Hopefully the competion does not bankrupt 1 of these companies they will really put the screws to us then. I am back to work with a mind full of Cozumel thoughts happy diving everyone.

How much was the taxi from Playa to the airport and how long did it take? Would be good alternative if I am running behind. I want to say it took about 1:40 on the bus last time; stopped at down town Playa, Porta Morales, then the other two terminals.

Playa to the airport runs about $650 MXN with a taxi ( about $35 USD at todays exchange rate) I would expect a lousy exchange rate with dollars. Going from the airport to Playa the Taxi Union tries to hold the line at about $87 USD, it is cheaper to pre arraign a van for around 750 to 850 MXN. Did it earlier this month and then sent family back over to the airport the following week and each time found multiple taxi drivers waiting on the pier and the price seemed pretty well set at $650 MXN

It took around 1 hr 15 minutes to terminal 4. Was able to easily negotiate 750 pesos for the trip which was the same as my van guy.

Playa to the airport runs about $650 MXN with a taxi ( about $35 USD at todays exchange rate) I would expect a lousy exchange rate with dollars. Going from the airport to Playa the Taxi Union tries to hold the line at about $87 USD, it is cheaper to pre arraign a van for around 750 to 850 MXN. Did it earlier this month and then sent family back over to the airport the following week and each time found multiple taxi drivers waiting on the pier and the price seemed pretty well set at $650 MXN

Of course you're going to get a lousy exchange rate. The taxi union does not have an official exchange rate, or charge for any destination in USD. You'll never get any sort of a deal or discount from drivers waiting on the pier. Walk up to 10th or 15th and north of Juarez to get a deal.

I was there around the same time. The currents were indeed wonky. Some first dives were in reverse where second dives were in the regular direction. Got some upward currents on the Palancar sites as well, which made for interesting safety stops.

Back
Top Bottom