60 dives, LE skin, and a pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jridg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So today was dive #60 in my fusion. Once again, and still very happy.

A little history about my fusion:

- I don't like the tapered neck seal - after a few dives I was getting seepage through the neck seal. I did trim it like a regular neck seal when I bought it - but the tapered seal doesn't work well for me - so I sent it back to Whites for a replacement with a typical neck seal. Their superb customer service and excellent support ensured the perfect seal replacement with a non-tapered seal that did not require trimming - it has been perfect ever since.

- A couple of months ago I purchased the LE skin from Mike at DiveRightIn - LOVE this skin better than the tech skin that came with my suit. It has the pockets, which I actually find to be great and have zero issues with. I find that the all neoprene skin is better than the regular tech skin. This, of course, is my own opinion.

- a week and a half ago, I installed a pee valve - again, Mike at DiveRightIn was extremely helpful with the installation and I am now working with a leak-free pee valve. I am still working on functionality (tube length and perhaps taping the tube to prevent kinks - that's another discussion :wink: ) but it was relatively painless to install.

So - 60 dives later I am still very, very pleased that I went this route. This is far and away the best drysuit out there (in my opinion) and has the most versatility for all around diving. Sure, there are other great suits out there, but for me, this is it!

I have had the great fortune to meet and deal directly with several of the Whites reps both in FL and here in CA - great people all. All around a great company with an amazing product!

Bravo!

Cant wait till I get my fusion with LE skin! Hopefully sometime next week :wink:

Mike is a very good guy and very helpfull and allways reply on my emails. No wonder he is the dealer of the month :wink: you cant go wrong with diveriteinscuba!

I'm considering getting a Fusion with Tech skin. I'd like to do the p-valve installation myself, but am a little concerned about doing it through the 2 layers. Any tips?

It really was not a problem. I went through my LE skin without a hitch. Use sharp scissors - I actually used very small, sharp scissors and it was quite simple. Mike from DiveRiteIn scuba was also extremely helpful!

Another option, which I would recommend if you haven't already purchased, would be to order the suit with a pee valve installed.

hey Jim, thanks for the great post, glad to hear your having a fantastic time diving the Fusion LE. It also doesn't hurt to have great partners in this business like Mike at DiveRightIn.
cheers guys.

I'm considering getting a Fusion with Tech skin. I'd like to do the p-valve installation myself, but am a little concerned about doing it through the 2 layers. Any tips?

My preferred method for making the hole for a p valve is to get a piece of thin walled pipe of the appropriate diameter. Lightly strectch the appropriate portion of the suit over a block of wood inside the leg. Heat the end of the pipe until it is glowing red and press it acrefully to the spot where you want the hole. Perfectly round hole with heat fused edges.

Back
Top Bottom