67Mm lens adapter for oval port Canon DC housings (incl G9)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been wrestling with this Idea for a while.. I recently came upon the digidiver thread and I've decided that I will attempt it with my A640 and WP- DC 8.... Any opinions? Also Does anyone have any pics of this mod used with an A640 so that I may get an idea of what exactly the gains are from this mod. I did find a gallery online with a few pics taken with this mod and the A640.. They are here:

Canon A640 Photo Gallery by Ellen Muller at pbase.com

Thanks

I have been wrestling with this Idea for a while.. I recently came upon the digidiver thread and I've decided that I will attempt it with my A640 and WP- DC 8.... Any opinions? Also Does anyone have any pics of this mod used with an A640 so that I may get an idea of what exactly the gains are from this mod. I did find a gallery online with a few pics taken with this mod and the A640.. They are here:

Canon A640 Photo Gallery by Ellen Muller at pbase.com

Thanks

Thanks for the link another interesting note is that the photos were taken with only the internal flash and no external strobe.

From the website "I used the camera's internal flash for all of the photos."

Hi steen,

A word of advice, if you wanna use wide angle lens, you are starting on the wrong foot, get the Ikelite housing instead, in which case, you will have no need for any adapter whatsoever and youcan have effective use of both wide angle and macro wet lenses (With canon housing, only macro is suitable and even then, you'll need to zoom in a little).

Hope it helps.

The Ikelite housing for the A640 is passable at best. My experienced has been that poor design makes it infuriating to use.
  • The zoom lever is not self-centering. Because the A640 will not take a picture if the zoom is deflected if you accidentally brush the lever you lose the shot.
  • The shutter actuator also puts pressure on the A640's zoom ring. After a few uses I notice that this is damaging that part.
  • Lack of offset for the mode selector buttons.
Ikelite is not at all helpful in discussing or supporting mechanical fixes such as eliminating the spring end on the shutter actuator (the cause of the problem there) or finding a light service torsion spring to center the zoom lever.

So for wide angle auxiliary lenses it may be good, but I think I'm going to get myself a Canon housing.

Awww. Is there a place in the US that sells that M67 for the oval shape waterproof case?

Not sure about the USA.

I am in Australia and bought mine from scubacam.nl (Netherlands ??). Turnaround time was excellent ... just over a week to arrive.

Booo on Inon, just E-mailed them and they're not going to support the WP-DC18. That Japanese website does look good but I'm kinda iffy on the shipping though. Does anybody have a picture of their setup with that mount from Japan?

Back
Top Bottom