7.1 Earthquake 39 miles off Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any and all info would be appreciated on the quake north of Roatan today, Thursday May 28.

We operate a clinic on Roatan and my email listserv thread is all quiet today. It is usually quite busy.

Any further damage or injury reports from the Bay Islands - Roatan, Guanaja and Utila?

How are communications, internet access and such?

Anxious for further info. Thanks.

Sounds like little damage. Good. Other than often diving in the Bay Islands I work with Nurse Peggy and her new clinic near AKR so am always interested in such news. We did clinics on Guanaja for many years before and after Mitch.

Further updates and info would be appreciated. Thanks

segundo3000gt, I'm headed there as well. Good to hear that all is OK. Perhaps I will see you there?

Hope everyone has a good trip----tell Kevin, head of the dock, & Antonio, head of the photoshop, Joe from Louisiana(Matt's dad) says howdy.....

the webcams are up on CoCo View and some of the divers are posting what they know on the chat board CoCo Chat they may possibly be able to give you more information on your clinic if you post the question there..all though I know the staff is busy cleaning up things around there...nothing major.... some divers are seeing underwater damage

I kind of agree but I wanted to know if I should be trying to figure out how to adjust plans. I figured I'd post to at least inform other scubaboard users so they wouldn't need to call.

You Kinda agree but if you think about it you may really agree. Honduras is third world and has minimal phone lines and bandwidth. There are many people trying to get in touch with friends and family to see if they are OK and many cannot get through. I have been trying for hours to contcat a dear friend who is in her mid 80's and keep getting the "ALL LINES ARE BUSY" recording. Is a vacation a few weeks off really that important? Just wait a couple of days

As expected:

Just a quick note to let you know we survived a 7.1 earthquake at 0224 am, 28 May, 2009 with relatively minor damage.

Doc Radawski
(aka: RTBmeDiver on ScubaBoard)

Some coconuts are reported to have fallen off of the trees.

Please stand by as more details become available.

There was a Sticky post on this before any of these others, why the need to start a new topic on the same subject?
Can some Scuba Forum Guru merge these so as not to have a bunch of topics on the same thing.

There was a Sticky post on this before any of these others, why the need to start a new topic on the same subject?

Welcome to the "internets" as Dubya would have called them.

See the pinned thread...

As expected, this arrived:

Just a quick note to let you know we survived a 7.1 earthquake at 0224 am, 28 May, 2009 with relatively minor damage.

Doc Radawski
(aka RTBmeDiver on Scubaboard)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom