7/2/11 Carnival Liberty-Cozumel, Grand Caymans, Ocho Rios

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

molokaimac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife (non-diver) and I have booked this cruise and I'm looking for fellow divers. Here's kind of our game plan;

Cozumel - Scuba Mau Cozumel, 3 minute taxi or 15 minute walk from the pier. $65 for 2 tank dive. My wife plans on hanging out at the beach at where the shop's boats dock. There's a beach club (Palapita Den Medio) next to the dock if she gets hungry or needs a soda. Afterwards, we may rent a Jeep to see the ruins and travel the island.

Grand Caymans - Eden Rock Dive Center, within walking distance from the ship. Planning on a 2 tank dive $90, then a shore dive to Devil's Grotto.

Ocho Rios - Resort Divers, $15pp from the ship and $85 for a 2 tank dive.

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited:
Hate bumping a post. Over 200 have viewed, but I guess none are booked for the same cruise. If you are looking for a dive buddy on this particular cruise, give me a heads up. If you've used a favorite dive operator in the past in Coz or GC, I'm pretty flexible.
Thanks,
Rick

My wife and I took this cruise 2 years ago, Cozumel and Caymans have beautiful water. We didn't dive(wife isn't certified) but we snorkeled in both places. Went with Captain Marvin's in Cayman's(booked on our own) took us to stingray city, the reef, and coral gardens. Great time saw lots of fish and rays. Went to Chankanaab National Park in Cozumel (again on our own) short 5 min taxi ride and snorkeled for hours. Saw an octopus just creeping in the open looking for a new rock(that was a first for us) had a great time in Cozumel especially with the long time in port there, very relaxed as there was no need to rush. You will enjoy it, I sure did it was my first time cruising and the wife's second. Great time for our 15th anniversary.

Scubadad,
Thanks for the info. It's our 15th anniversary present and her graduation present. She's ready to just sit in the sun and sip on a margarita. We're going to the Keys for 2 weeks following the cruise. Looking forward to those dives as well.

Last edited:
I would re-check with Eden Rock about their boat dives,a few months ago their boat (Devil Diver) was destroyed on the rocks during a storm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom