7 mm boots in SWFla during August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to use 7 mm boots for all my diving, cold or warm water. My feet don't feel too warm in warm water. 7 mm provides more protection for things that may drop on my feet. They also provide more cushion in my fins.

After multiple days of diving I used to get hot spots on the top of my toes. Now I wear a pair of rashguard lycra socks under my boots. No more hot spots from rubbing and it's really easy to slip boots on and off.

I only use my 7's, regardless of conditions.

If all you’ve got are 7mm boots, there’s no pressing reason to get a lighter pair for a short visit to Florida. The water will be very warm down to 60’, but I can’t recall ever hearing anyone complain about overheated feet. Were you planning a long stay, you might consider a lighter pair, or investing in some full foot fins. They’re my preferred choice for all of my local diving except when I dive dry or do shore dives. Enjoy your visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom