7 nights ROATAN @ Coco View Nov. 30 to Dec. 7 for $1099.00!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubagatorgal

Contributor
Reaction score
After diligently researching resorts on Roatan it became clear that the additional expense of booking Coco View would be money well spent. Rave reviews and repeat customers (affectionately know as "Coconuts") are the norm for this unique and special property.

For more info on Coco View: Coco View Resort

When things are getting a bit chilly (even in Florida) we will be heading to Roatan for warm sunny days and unlimited diving. As an added bonus we will be making a trip to Utila to dive and look for Whale Sharks! This trip is not included in the price but highly recommended if you are interested in these awesome creatures.

For those of you live and Florida and recocnize that November 30th is the date of the Florida vs. Florida State annual battle be assured that all who are interested will see the game by satellite either at a local watering hole or at the resort. I made sure of this before booking any air or lodging!

If you are not from Florida our flight leaves at 7 am in the morning and a few people have already said they are coming a few days early and are going to dive South Florida or the Speigel Grove before they head for Roatan.

Here is what the $1099. buys:

*RT Airfare from Miami to Roatan
*Double Occupancy accomidation at Coco View
*Airport transfers
*Welcome Cocktail
*3 full meals daily includes: breakfast to order. full lunch, dinner
buffets with salad bar and choice of entree
*1 Bar-B-Que on private cay
*Unlimited and outstanding beach diving includes : barrier reef
diving, wreck of Prince Albert, night diving
*2 Boat dive trips daily including 1 tank at a selected site and
optional drop off wall dive (up to 4 boat tanks daily)
*Tanks, belts, weights and unlimited airfills
*Free use of Kayaks and canoes as well as ample opportunities
for hiking, jogging, sightseeing and day or night excursions

Available but not included in the price:

*Optional dive trips including Utila by boat or helicopter
*Night boat dive ($20.00)
*Dolphin snorkel or dive ($75-$100.00)
*Nitrox ($6.00 per fill)
*River rafting in Honduras ($104.00)
*Island tour ($15.00)

Other costs:

Gratuities: ($70-$90.00 per person is typical and is divided between all the service staff)
Hyperbaric Chamber fees: ($2.00 per person per day)
Roatan Resort tax: ($78.00)
Roatan departure tax: ($25.00)

I hope that helps everyone calculate whether or not they can squeeze this trip in their budgets! As it was such a great price and several people on this board expressed interest I blocked extra rooms and air. However I will need $100.00 deposits by July 30, 2002 or will have to release those rooms.

As most of you would be reluctant to send cash to "Scubagator" one of the very well known and long established dive shops have agreed to handle the finances of this trip as a courtesy to our local diving community. (Thanks Bill!)

Kudos to both the Ocala Dive Center and Aquatic Center for supporting and sponsoring this trip for us local divers! Dive shops working together and unselfishly supporting area divers - how refreshing!

For more information on this trip please email me at getwetocala@yahoo.com or pm me.

If you are already sold on this winter escape you can contact Bill Foote at Ocala Dive Center at 352-732-9779 to make your deposit.

Let me add just a couple things...
  • There is one scheduled night boat dive during the week included in your package.
  • There's no way to describe the shore diving, Excellent doesn't do it justice! We frequently skip the boat dives for shore dives.
  • Unlimited Nitrox is available for $100. If you plan to do more than 16 dives all week, this is a deal.
  • There are no dolphin dives at CCV. This activity is at Anthony's Key Resort and the arrangements are made through the CCV office.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be glad to answer them if I can. CCV is my favorite place....wish I could go with you but I have to wait until April!

Your daughter did a GREAT job! Kudos to her. (Just wish I could afford to go! Roatan is a place I'd LOVE to see someday!)

Kristey

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom