76 Falls "Beads and Beer Cans"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ky-Dwn-Under

Reaction score
I'll tell you what, I've never seen so many beads and beer cans. Not while the parties were happening either, I'm talking at the bottom of the lake. Right now the lake is down quite a bit and diving 76 falls will only get you 15 to 20 ft. under the water before you hit bottom. Visibility is low, in this area 3 to 5 ft. because of all the silt. Besides picking up 50 or so sets of beads I did find an anchor and 100ft. of the good 3/4" nylon rope. The lake is supposed to drop another 15 to 20 ft. as they begin to work on the dam so using a metal detector in this area when the water is down I'm sure someone might find a few nice trinkets. I also dove off the high wall next to Jamestown marina. Went down the anchor line 80ft. with a visibility of 10 to 15ft. and then began working my way along the high wall looking for fish. When I reached 30ft. I began to see some life, at about 25 ft. I saw several 2 to 3 lb. bass. All in all it was an excellant weekend in diving. Hope to go again this weekend if the weather clears enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom